i finally re did Marvel's tank!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Okay so basically my betta Marvel has being living in a childish, fake tank for the past 7-8 months. I've been wanting to re do his tank since November 2020, but...

1. I'm broke (I'm 12).
2. My parents didn't let me (because i'm "sassy and difficult").
3. My parents don't understand the need for live plants.

Anyyyways, fast forward to today. I re did Marvels tank a couple days ago and today I got shrimp. As of right now, Marvel is loving his tank and the shrimp are acclimating. I got three neocaridina shrimp.

p.s. his tank isn’t cloudy. my camera just sucks.

Attachments

• E2DA106E-DC8B-4B3B-816F-4E5769CEEECD.jpeg
    E2DA106E-DC8B-4B3B-816F-4E5769CEEECD.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 059635AC-C6FA-4B72-B8E0-CF4F33E8AFDC.jpeg
    059635AC-C6FA-4B72-B8E0-CF4F33E8AFDC.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 103
Live plants are so much better and not just for water quality. It's especially true for betta. I hate the idea of those long, delicate fins caught on sharp plastic. Also, I am jealous of your moss ball. I've wanted a new one for a while but shipments are on hold due to a zebra mussel infestation. Best of luck with the upgraded tank!

Great to see younger people passionate about the hobby and wanting what’s best for there fish my daughter would rather ply her Xbox or watch YouTube videos ironically about sharks because she loves the sea and the idea of sea monsters but has no interest in aquariums

If that is hornwort (looks kinda like it?), then as it grows longer you can break a piece off and replant it, or let it float. Then, even if your parents won't let you buy more, your tank can eventually be filled with live plants.

Great to see younger people passionate about the hobby and wanting what’s best for there fish my daughter would rather ply her Xbox or watch YouTube videos ironically about sharks because she loves the sea and the idea of sea monsters but has no interest in aquariums
Haha. I also have an obsession for sharks and for a while I looked at videos of sharks, but then it also turned to an obsession for fish in general and now i'm broke! :)

That's a great looking tank! Don't worry about being broke at 12, you're doing very well. More chores around the house, good grades and I'm sure your parents won't be helping out a bit.

That's a great looking tank! Don't worry about being broke at 12, you're doing very well. More chores around the house, good grades and I'm sure your parents won't be helping out a bit.
thank you! lucky for me, i have ADHD, so my parents are a bit less hard on me than they are on my sisters. i shouldn't use ADHD as an excuse to not do things, but if it works then you might as well.

That's a really nice Betta tank and your boy looks great in it.

You clearly already know this, but some more plants would really help out, and not only for your Betta.

The shrimp will love picking bits of algae and other goodies from the plants and your Betta will love swimming and hiding in them.

I would suggest getting a floating plant as well if you are able to down the line, your Betta will love a shaded spot to hang out near the surface. Something like frogbit or dwarf water lettuce would be perfect.

Keep up the great work.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back