I Finally Have A Dog!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I don't really understand the clickers, why would you want to train a dog to respond to clicks? Surely it would be much easier to train him to respond to verbal commands. :unsure:

I never really understood either until I asked someone. When they do what you tell them to, you click it and then give them a treat. So eventually they associate the clicker to a treat and then they figure out that they get the treat when they listen to you. Once they understand to listen to you, you wont need the clicker anymore and you can just praise them. Dunno...I guess it helps speed things along. Haha or you could just use lots of treats! :lol:

2 days without TFF, I nearly died!

Anyhow, I think I'm going to ignore the clicker and just attempt to train him with verbal commands and lots of treats! :D

Aaaah he's lovely. I'd love one of these dogs but my girlfriend says no more dogs. She is right, we have two but that still doesn't stop me wanting one

I want an Afghan Hound but my mum says "No! We are not getting a dog! That's the end of it!" It's probably because of how long an Afghan Hounds fur is... But they are gorgeous!

Most reactions

Back