I Feel Like A Genius

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I didn't see a second floor. I watched both videos. I saw a little bi of egg crate near the bottom in the first video. My question is, how did you get the egg crate to with hold the weight of the rocks? More support? Different form off egg crate.

Yes, it was a concern but fully tested before use. I put it in the garden with 211KG of stuff on it and left it for 2 weeks before I put it in my tank with 100KG of ocean rock.

2zz0z76.jpg

They key to holding the weight is keep the PVC pipe as short as possible and use as many as you can without it being ridiculous. If you want higher you can put more layers of egg crate with legs on top of the other layers, like a stack.

One thing I did find when I emptied the tank was a lot of crap can accumulate in the pvc pipes, so that is a thought.

Also, the egg crate on top is doubled up. If only 1 layer was used, it would sag badly.

an0cvn.jpg

2r6ipgp.jpg

vzwv8n.jpg

Also, check it out:

5469d70148acb38b5a585f37a55c6171.jpg

:lol:

Really like this idea, how easy is it to gravel clean the lower level?

It's not that hard. The big space in the middle that allows for them to swim to a different level give you enough room.

I like this idea to create depth to your tank but isn't the most attractive. :unsure:

I think you'd be able to easily hide it, though, in a heavily planted tank... somehow attach some moss around the pipes to hide it, get some wood going on in there to distract. Stuff like that. Black is probably better. ;)

I didn't see a second floor. I watched both videos. I saw a little bi of egg crate near the bottom in the first video. My question is, how did you get the egg crate to with hold the weight of the rocks? More support? Different form off egg crate.

Yes, it was a concern but fully tested before use. I put it in the garden wit
Also, check it out:

5469d70148acb38b5a585f37a55c6171.jpg

:lol:

WOW ! A playground for fish, wonderful :)

Well I just don't have the slightest clue what an eggcrate even is.. so that's why I asked lol

I didn't either because it's not common by that name in the US. If you go to Lowes or the Home Depot ect. you canf ind it there. It's what people hang light fixtures from. It's about 10 bucks a sheet. Lasts forever.

Most reactions

Back