I fail at Stem Plants

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The most likely problem you are having is nutrient deficiencies. Ar you using any fertilizer and if so how often do you apply it and how much. Also how often are your water changes and how much water do you change out. Leafs falling off is commonly a symptom of a mobile nutrient deficiency.

Mobile nutrients are nitrogen, Potassium, phosphorous, Magnesium, chlorine, and molybdenum. When one or more of these nutrients are in short supply the plant can strip older leaves of these nutrient to support new growth. Make sure your fertilizer is supply these nutrients and if possible determine how much of each you are acting to your tank. Now your fish waste and tap water may be supplying some of these nutrients .

In addition to the mobile nutrients plants need calcium, sulfur, iron, manganese, boron, zinc, copper, molybdenum and nickel. If any ONE of the above nutrients are missing plants will not grow are or they will die. Most fertilizers don't supply all of the above nutrients. Also some plants can better tolerate low nutrient levels that other which could explain why some of your plants are doing better than others.

In my experience once you can guarantee all the above essential nutrients are present in sufficient concentrations in your tank water most plants will grow.
You lost me at Molybdenum...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back