I don't like the new look

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Testing 1 2 3
View attachment 95657
nice... pics upload now , even if large file size

You can also resize the image now after you upload it inside the message.

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 5.11.45 PM.png

I don't believe that. Stuff doesn't just stop working. In the first Star Trek movie, Star Trek :The Motion Picture (1979) Doctor McCoy famously says " I know engineers, they love to change things". He was right. You guys were just bored or high on Doritos and Pepsi.

I don't believe that. Stuff doesn't just stop working. In the first Star Trek movie, Star Trek :The Motion Picture (1979) Doctor McCoy famously says " I know engineers, they love to change things". He was right. You guys were just bored or high on Doritos and Pepsi.
Love that your quoting Doctor McCory of the USS Enterprise :rofl: beam me up scotty lol

Biggest reason for it was that the previous software did not have a proper mobile interface. The new mobile interface works well... so if you've ever tried from a phone, give it another try.

What's done is done and they ain't no going back. It sure was sneaky the way it was done though. What's next ? We won't know until they've already done it. Guess I'm going to have to get over this because I still like this Great TFF Forum a lot.

Give it time folks....it's just a matter of getting familiar with the new interface. Improvements I've noticed are the bookmark feature and uploading of pictures (no resizing needed). Also the separate message and alert buttons. And the site is more secure. Modern progress folks...modern progress.

Last edited:
Besides fish keeping, another hobby is family history. This evening one of the websites I use for that has also had a make over. It looks somewhat different from the way it did earlier. It's not the first time they've done this, I just accept that I need to get on with my research whatever the pages look like.
The changes here for users are mainly cosmetic. Yes, a few buttons have moved, a couple of new features have been introduced, but it's not as if the site has been totally restructured the way the other family history site was a few years ago. Anyone who thinks the changes here are bad should have had to cope with that restructuring. But it was learn to use the new site or give up altogether.
I am getting on in years but it only took me about 5 minutes to get to grips with the new look TFF - and there's a lot of extra things I had to find as a moderator!

Was wondering if the added functionality of the site made it display correctly on tapatalk now?
I tried downloading it just for use here a while ago, but I immediately deleted it and went back to the browser view, tapatalk rendered it nearly incomprehensible.

I think it's pretty - I was mainly just confused by the new terminology - like "what's new" sounds more like what's new in the fish world, not where are the new posts - so I would change the name back to what it was - that's my only complaint. On the other hand, for the first time I noticed I had mail from back in November. Never noticed that before. I understand the issue of making it accessible to phone and tablet users. Sometimes changes have to be made. It's very colorful.

I like having alerts and messages showing next to my user name. I can now see at a glance if there are any unread instead of having to hover my pointer over my user name to see if there are any.

is there any way of changing the colour and font?

I really can't deal with the bright white background and black ariel font. it's just too hard to read now.

i'm out, I can't deal with this anymore

is there any way of changing the colour and font?

I really can't deal with the bright white background and black ariel font. it's just too hard to read now.

i'm out, I can't deal with this anymore
Best way to get action is to ask @dascrow .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back