I don't know if my female guppy is pregnant or not

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I currently have two guppies (the female & male) & 3 Corydoras. 2 regular sized & 1 pygmy. I also have 3 snails.
I had plans on getting more fish for it but I don't wanna stress out the female with new fish.
Rule if thumb 1 in fish per 1 gal. If u get more fish make sure u have room for em or they will be stressed out for lack of room

What should I do with the male after the female has the babies she's carrying now? I don't want more babies. 😅
A female fish can reproduce every 28 day after birth of fry for 3 month after the fist time so if don't want more baby's separation the male

Rule if thumb 1 in fish per 1 gal. If u get more fish make sure u have room for em or they will be stressed out for lack of room
I have plenty of room thankfully. The tank is a 15 gallon, I have 5 fish. I would need to get 10 more. But with the babies, I don't wanna stress em out with new fish.

I never put the male in the box. And all the fry i have in my tank have be goin to hiding spot to stay away for the other fish

Well, that's great to know. I've been calling him a her 🥲
What do I do though? I've never had a pregnant guppy before. So I don't know what to do now. 😅
Yes, that's a "he"...
Well, you could let the female deliver in the same tank or put her seperate. Wether the fry will be eaten or not depends on the individual nature of each fish.

Yes, that's a "he"...
Well, you could let the female deliver in the same tank or put her seperate. Wether the fry will be eaten or not depends on the individual nature of each fish.
I have three other fish in the tank as well as the guppies. They are all Corydoras, which are peaceful fish thankfully. I'm gonna get a breeder box to keep her away from the male. He keeps bugging her.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back