i can't- uggh.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i cant figer out what fish to get... i was gonna get guppies, than guppies and swordtails, then avariaty of fish, then glofish, then a betta, angelfish, back to glofish, hermit crabs, common red lobters, back to bettas, then guppies, guppies and goldfish, just goldfish, just swordtails, chiclids, and back to betta, betta and guppies, and then just bettas. i'm stressed lol smh

How big is your tank? What is your water hardness? (pH and GH)

You either have hard water (which you could keep the guppies/sword tails in) or you have soft water. (Which you could keep the Tetras/Betta in)

You should decide where you are going to put your tank so you can figure out what size tank works in that space, then you can figure out what you can have as far as stocking goes. Of all my setups so far, I think the easiest has been a group of cory catfish and a betta. It gives you something to look at at the bottom of the tank and something to look at swimming all over. I think this setup has a lot of personality and a lot of wiggle room for customization as far as cory species and betta choice goes!

How big is your tank? What is your water hardness? (pH and GH)

You either have hard water (which you could keep the guppies/sword tails in) or you have soft water. (Which you could keep the Tetras/Betta in)
i have a 47 gallon, not setup for fish, my hamster, lightning is using it, but she is very old for a syian hamster, almost 2. i will move her to a ritirment bin cage when she shows signs of age, and i will do a good clean of the tank and set it up. i have the pinguen 500 filter, a heater (don't know the brand, i through away the box smh) some sand, fake plants, and pvc pipe hides/tunnels. i will buy some real plants, mabye when i get the fish?

What is your water hardness? This is important for deciding what stock you can have.

You should decide where you are going to put your tank so you can figure out what size tank works in that space, then you can figure out what you can have as far as stocking goes. Of all my setups so far, I think the easiest has been a group of cory catfish and a betta. It gives you something to look at at the bottom of the tank and something to look at swimming all over. I think this setup has a lot of personality and a lot of wiggle room for customization as far as cory species and betta choice goes!
cool! i have a 47 gal, i know my LPS has bettas, they always have bettas, but i am not sure about corys? i'll definetly check :) if not i will probly just get 3 or 4 female bettas

You should be looking for a pH and GH reading. (pH will show up as 7.6 and GH will show up as 120ppm) <- That’s just an example

I would Google where you live and then “water hardness”.

For example, I would Goggle, “Lawrenceburg Kentucky water hardness”.

cool! i have a 47 gal, i know my LPS has bettas, they always have bettas, but i am not sure about corys? i'll definetly check :) if not i will probly just get 3 or 4 female bettas
In a tank that size you could have many more female bettas than that. I have heard that that kind of setup only works for a little while. Honestly I would not recommend trying female betta sorority.

I think a good option for your tank would be a tropical community tank (cories, tetras, a centerpiece fish, maybe a pleco)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back