I cant stand idiot LFS staff!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sanj

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok so these places are in the league of US Wallmart, Petsmart etc.

These places are CHAV/SCALLY SCUM HELL!!

This not the first time a halfwit has refused to sell me fish giving laughable explanations or just plain too lazy to serve customers.

Went in tonight at 17.45, two staff no customers except myself. Asked if i could purchase some plants, the scruffy madam said 'ill be over in a sec' ....ten mins later she wanders over. I chose the plants i wanted then asked how much their congos were. I asked if I could get a male saying that i already had a shoal of 7. Her reply after pulling a crumpy face was " to be hones seven is enough, thats a shoal and if you add one more it would be left out" my thimmediate thought....WTF???!!! Er so this shoaling fish is going to be ostracised by its fellow species even though they instinctivley move to shoal...these congos are going to have issues with a new member. Perhaps she thought they were cichlids lol
I told her My aquarium was 400 lites...he r response " it doesnt matter, you should keep some other fish seven congos is enough@ .... bit my tongue deciding it would be better not to plough into this incompetent.

Same place a couple of years ago was refused a betta...apparently my 5g UK planted aquarium with no other fish in was unsuitable..." they need room to spread their fins"...er yeah ok

I know these places do not exactly pay much , but that is no excuse for putting muppets in charge of other living creatures.

Yes..thye do have to be caustious, better not to sell fish to other halfwits...but i am not that and certainly not with 18 years experiance...dropped enough hints...but its lost on chavs.

I wonder what she would have said if you hadn't told her you had others and she assumed you'd only have the one?... People who do this kind of job should realy do a little research before getting into it. Had to get a pair of opalines seperated the other day cause they were fighting in a 5 gallon tank...

Yep. I am a muppet and a chav. I work for Pets at Home and get paid a good hourly rate.

the scruffy madam said 'ill be over in a sec' ....ten mins later she wanders over.

Perhaps you are not the be-all-and end-all of her world and she had something more pressing to do? and saying she is scruffy...she might have been at work since 7 that morning and had to clean animals and deal with sick ones...You wouldnt believe the state of my uniform after a shift like that.

Im sorry for being a Pets at Home employee halfwit. but posts like this really, really offend and irritate me.

Go somewhere else in future, if they dont know what there talkign about they are hardly going to be able to look after the fish properly,

I use pets at home for dry goods only, and only then in an emergency.

Yep. I am a muppet and a chav. I work for Pets at Home and get paid a good hourly rate.

the scruffy madam said 'ill be over in a sec' ....ten mins later she wanders over.

Perhaps you are not the be-all-and end-all of her world and she had something more pressing to do? and saying she is scruffy...she might have been at work since 7 that morning and had to clean animals and deal with sick ones...You wouldnt believe the state of my uniform after a shift like that.

Im sorry for being a Pets at Home employee halfwit. but posts like this really, really offend and irritate me.

I don't think the post was aimed at ALL pets at home staff. This lady may well have been scruffy and she sounds very much like she didn't know what she was talking about (mostly, at least). I've actualy been considering working at an LFS like that myself. I think provided the staff know a bit about their job it's ok. But giving wrong advice or guessing at the correct advice without letting your customers know that its all a guess, seems wrong and irresponsible. People should research the subject and only offer help if they are sure they are correct or tell you they don't realy know. This lady also sounds somewhat like she just couldn't be bothered to net the fish (perfectly understandable mind you... :p ).

Oh and about that 'be all and end all' thing... there were two staff and one customer. Aren't the staff meant to serve customers? Isn't that their job?

This is just my interpretation though... you'll have to ask the original poster what was meant by it ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back