I Can't Perfect My Aquascape.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cooledwhip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have had this scape set up for a while now. Lots of plants are grown in and some are still growing in. I have tried perfecting a corner in my tank but I just can't get it. For some reason the plants don't flourish like the others in my tank. I dose lots of fertilizers, the tank has been set up for almost 6 months now. I do the EI method, some flourish iron, and I am starting to use CO2. It's not a reactor though so its manually controlled by me. Basically the plant in the right was supposed to be like a forest. It is Rotala Indica, but just doesn't look good. 

Also, like in the back, below the bottom half of all the plants, on the stems, almost all the leaves are gone. This is normal right? Because the light can't get down to the bottom leaves? Anyway. I just wanted to know your opinion. I don't really like how the plant looks and the entire grouping looks on the right. IDK if I should rip it out, start a new plant, plant root tabs, or add another plant to make the rotala indica pop. I was thinking rotala wallichii. IMG_3120.JPGIMG_3131.JPGIMG_3138.JPGIMG_3139.JPG

Well, a lot of it is personal opinion. I like it. I think it has a very natural look. 

Thanks both. I know it's personal preference but my mind has created LOTS of thoughts and ideas for this scape. I think it is near the end of the road for creativity (For this tank at least) 

I'm just looking for suggestions for plants. What should I put in the right corner? I want something overgrown. Jungle val is last resort, it's nice and grows fast but too long for my tank. Rotala walliichii seems nice. Would I be able to grow it? I have a single T5ho, lots of ferts. I think if I overdose on iron I can get a really sick red plant. 

Excuse the center part, it's still growing in. The s. repens is SOOOO sexy as it finally grew in, it's thick and I have to trim it. I let the crypts go. I just don't know what I should put in that center as well. Not too worried about it, because last resort I just throw in some pearlweed or something.

HornWort is a very unique plant in aquascapes, pretty hard to find in them actually. It would look neat in the corner, would also take up some though. also in regards to where u said "my mind has created LOTS of thoughts and ideas for this scape" my mind has created ideas for mine but it takes to much $$$$$$ XD

BettaBettas said:
HornWort is a very unique plant in aquascapes, pretty hard to find in them actually. It would look neat in the corner, would also take up some though. also in regards to where u said "my mind has created LOTS of thoughts and ideas for this scape" my mind has created ideas for mine but it takes to much $$$$$$ XD
eh horn wort grows wild in some ponds here and personally I think it looks ugly.

lol ok hold on lemme do some research here
*activates nerd glasses*

What about ammania "Bonsai" ? its like a groundcover kind of, but its really pretty (in my own opinion)
Or CryptoCoryne Wentii 'Tropica'

OR (again) Crinum Calamistratum (might have spelled that wrong), the onion plant. kinda cool

I will maybe do a flame moss carpet. I still don't know. most carpet plants require CO2 which I don't have a steady supply of. I love crinum I can't find it anywhere though.

I will use dwarf saggitarria. looks nice

Sounds neat, Moss carpets are really pretty when there finished carpeting. and sounds good, dwarf sag. is really pretty, wouldn't of thought of it! lol Also in my aquarium I don't even have CO2, so I use the plants that are "able to thrive" without it. to me Co2 is 2 expensive, but im cheap so XD

I don't use CO2 either!!  I have a couple DIY CO2 systems I'm starting to use but the picture posted is no CO2.

I bought some dwarf sag, as well as some rotala wallichii. I hope this looks nice.

I like how it looks. All you need to do is trim a little  and I would pull some plants in the middle to show the substrate a bit. 

I think all you need to do it trim it up a little. 

Dwarf sag Is a great plant and will carpet the tank eventually, but is slow.

Dwarf sag Is a great plant and will carpet the tank eventually, but is slow.

He changed it eventually, I helped him on TPT and it looks great now ;)
DHG carpet, pearlweed fading hill, etc

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back