I Can't Cook Decent Rice!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You sound like quite a cook CFC :thumbs:

I don't really eat much rice these days - and if I do, mostly Basmati, Jasmine etc. and have found they tend to cook really well in a rice cooker.

it may be related to the market-audience of the steamer... my mother used to have an all-in-one steamer/rice cooker that would make the most horrible, undercooked rice in the world. my bf, on the otherhand, bought me a small Asian-style rice cooker that makes perfect rice every time with every type. :dunno: of course, part of the secret is following the included directions on how much water to put in with each scoop of rice :lol:

i agree though, that unless you eat rice quite frequently, a rice-cooker is probably overkill. they take up a lot of space for what they are and the larger ones aren't the most energy efficient things in the world.

it may be related to the market-audience of the steamer... my mother used to have an all-in-one steamer/rice cooker that would make the most horrible, undercooked rice in the world. my bf, on the otherhand, bought me a small Asian-style rice cooker that makes perfect rice every time with every type. :dunno: of course, part of the secret is following the included directions on how much water to put in with each scoop of rice :lol:
Yep, I agree. We had a little one - all the way from Hong Kong :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back