I am getting baby chickens!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
What's that about, were you getting rid of the males?
We were above the legal limit of 8 chickens and chicken Boo was crowing.
Being 2 above the limit would normally have been fine but someone called the police on us for having weeds in our flower bed so we decided if we were on their radar we should be legal with our chickens

Being 2 above the limit would normally have been fine but someone called the police on us for having weeds in our flower bed
What!...they called the police because you have weeds in your flower bed! Is it that against the law to have weeds? Methinks the police shouldnt be contacted about someone's weeds.

Last edited:
What!...they called the police because you have weeds in your flower bed! It that against the law to have weeds. Methinks the police shouldnt be contacted about someone's weeds.
Yep. They gave us a notice saying there was a complaint and stuff. We dont have an HOA or anything either. The consequences were either $500 per day it was bad or 6 months jail time per day. We looked it up and soooo many people go to jail each year for disorderly lawns, even single mothers and elderly people (one 88 year old went to jail)

Yep. And there has been 3 shootings and multiple stabbings in the chop zone and the city still hasn't taken it down, they halfway tried for an hour once but hasn't done anything. But ya know that's just the world we live in

We were above the legal limit of 8 chickens and chicken Boo was crowing.
Being 2 above the limit would normally have been fine but someone called the police on us for having weeds in our flower bed so we decided if we were on their radar we should be legal with our chickens
We have council laws in Australia about long dry grass on your property because it presents a fire hazard, but it has to be over 12 inches high and the entire property has to be covered in it. Even then the council simply sends you a letter saying shorten the lawn in the next 2 weeks or we will take further action.

I can understand roosters crowing and disturbing the piece, but weeds in the garden, seriously.

I really can't believe someone reported you for weeds in the garden, let alone the cops are used to enforce that law. The cops have better things to do than monitor people for not weeding their garden.

What is the actual law there about weeds in the garden?

We have council laws in Australia about long dry grass on your property because it presents a fire hazard, but it has to be over 12 inches high and the entire property has to be covered in it. Even then the council simply sends you a letter saying shorten the lawn in the next 2 weeks or we will take further action.

I can understand roosters crowing and disturbing the piece, but weeds in the garden, seriously.

I really can't believe someone reported you for weeds in the garden, let alone the cops are used to enforce that law. The cops have better things to do than monitor people for not weeding their garden.

What is the actual law there about weeds in the garden?
I think I know which people reported us but I cant be sure, they hate me though lol. Theres no strict laws unless theres HOA, which there isnt. I dont know why the fines are so high.

Actually our town is really boring and when the cops or fire dept are called EVERYONE shows up because they have nothing else to do. There was a small kitchen fire and 3 fire trucks, 2 ambulances and 5 cop cars showed up lol. So I can see why they would jump at the opportunity:rofl:

I think I know which people reported us but I cant be sure, they hate me though lol. Theres no strict laws unless theres HOA, which there isnt. I dont know why the fines are so high.
what is HOA?

The last place I lived was reasonably busy for the cops but they had quiet nights. One night when I was out walking I came across a guy laying on the road. He looked like he was dead and didn't move when I poked him with a stick. I called the cops and said there might be a dead guy on the road and 3 cop cars rocked up in about 5 minutes. Apparently they were having a quiet night. The guy was just really drunk and it took the cops about 10 minutes to wake him up.

what is HOA?

The last place I lived was reasonably busy for the cops but they had quiet nights. One night when I was out walking I came across a guy laying on the road. He looked like he was dead and didn't move when I poked him with a stick. I called the cops and said there might be a dead guy on the road and 3 cop cars rocked up in about 5 minutes. Apparently they were having a quiet night. The guy was just really drunk and it took the cops about 10 minutes to wake him up.
HOA is the home owners association and it's really strict

When a chicken escapes, obviously the best roosting spot is our berry vines

received_879258312566716.jpeg

Is it normal for them to be heavier than a large store bought egg? It's small but really heavy.

Attachments

• 20200721_173501.jpg
    20200721_173501.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 128

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back