I am getting baby chickens!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Not all make a lot of noise while laying. Mine as general rule are very quite as they try to hide location of nest site. Exception is when they are trying attract attention of rooster.

Clucking is a broody related sound. Many sounds reported as clucking have other meanings and done under different contexts.

This incubator loaded with eggs yesterday.
View attachment 99701

View attachment 99702

About 40 eggs will be hatched in pens like this under hens.
View attachment 99703
These two and their sister all came into lay on the same day. The two shown have been broody for about a week.
View attachment 99704View attachment 99705
I’ve seen you on byc, didn’t know you were here too!
on byc im @crazyforchickensnducks

I’ve seen you on byc, didn’t know you were here too!
on byc im @crazyforchickensnducks
I am on four sites including this and BYC. Trying to find an active fish forum. Will be using them a lot this summer as likely to be penned in at home. My job actually more with fish but I can no longer engage farmers face to face which kills typical extension activities.

They got here in the mail this morning! So happy! They are all happy and healthy. We checked them for pasty butt and they are all good. All of them are active and drinking and eating well.

Attachments

• 20200325_120015.jpg
    20200325_120015.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 20200325_113939.jpg
    20200325_113939.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 20200325_095942.jpg
    20200325_095942.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 20200325_100409.jpg
    20200325_100409.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 105
They got here in the mail this morning! So happy! They are all happy and healthy. We checked them for pasty butt and they are all good. All of them are active and drinking and eating well.
How many did you get? Are they all blue Plymouth rocks? Some of them look off color

How many did you get? Are they all blue Plymouth rocks? Some of them look off color
We got 10, because that was the minimum order, 5 are going to a friend who keeps chickens. They are all sapphire gems. Or at least that what we were told? What would you say they are?

We got 10, because that was the minimum order, 5 are going to a friend who keeps chickens. They are all sapphire gems. Or at least that what we were told? What would you say they are?
I can’t really tell from the pics, but some have a few unique colors that I’ve never seen on a blue Plymouth Rock. Can you get a pic of each chick in natural light?

I can’t really tell from the pics, but some have a few unique colors that I’ve never seen on a blue Plymouth Rock. Can you get a pic of each chick in natural light?
Yes I will post them tomorrow:) thanks for helping me figure it out

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back