I am almost about to quit the hobby

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

As Colin had mentioned, the O ring is placed in between the motor and the filter(the part where the motor is attached/joined to the filter) to prevent water from leaking out.

Here are some links about the C4 spare parts for your understanding.

I wached the video and everything seems in place in my filter.

I have had no problems with water leaking out so I guess I have the o ring and I just didn't notice

If the grommet were missing, the filter housing would leak a lot.

Try removing the cover and see if the noise goes away..could just be the lid vibrating
I probably have it and didn't notice then.

I always remove it because it makes noise

If the lid is making noise, you can tape it or use a rubber band to tie it around the filter case.

Did you manage to push the intake U tube down to the base where the impeller sits?

Another thing you can try out, is to shorten the intake tube/extension.
If the impeller or motor is not working properly, it may need more power to suck/pull the water up through the intake tube. And sometimes this can create some noise.

So, if you shorten the intake tube, it may give more power to the impeller/motor.
And as a results, it may reduce the noise. (my theory).

Attachments

• Intake U Tube.png
    Intake U Tube.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 37
If the lid is making noise, you can tape it or use a rubber band to tie it around the filter case.

Did you manage to push the intake U tube down to the base where the impeller sits?

Another thing you can try out, is to shorten the intake tube/extension.
If the impeller or motor is not working properly, it may need more power to suck/pull the water up through the intake tube. And sometimes this can create some noise.

So, if you shorten the intake tube, it may give more power to the impeller/motor.
And as a results, it may reduce the noise. (my theory).
The intake was already pushed down, and the tube extension is already at the shortest lenght.

I have good news, the filter has been very quiet for the last 2 days! I probably fixed the problem without realizing it last time!

The intake was already pushed down, and the tube extension is already at the shortest lenght.

I have good news, the filter has been very quiet for the last 2 days! I probably fixed the problem without realizing it last time!
That’s awesome! Whatever you do: don’t touch it:lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back