I accidentally made a big mistake!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
no idea... I expect so, its tiny tiny amounts of sodium hydroxide, but other bottles will have other stuff I have no idea about.

At least you have no fish, so even if there is a problem, no real harm done, worst case you do 2 or three large water changes and start again with the ammonia dosing

no idea... I expect so, its tiny tiny amounts of sodium hydroxide, but other bottles will have other stuff I have no idea about.

At least you have no fish, so even if there is a problem, no real harm done, worst case you do 2 or three large water changes and start again with the ammonia dosing
Thank you!

Just do a water change and you should be fine.

So I was testing for ammonia and after I was done, my stupid self decided to pour the test vile back into the tank... Is it going to be alright during the cycle????
Did you retest the water? How big’s the tank again?

I did that for a year without realising that it was Poison, but it was fine. However I've done it a few times lately (Accidentally) and no casualties.
I use a 10 ml syringe, fill the test tubes near the tank & add testing chems on a counter away from the tank. A few times I did the drops incorrectly & had to do over.

I use a 10 ml syringe, fill the test tubes near the tank & add testing chems on a counter away from the tank. A few times I did the drops incorrectly & had to do over.
I use the exact same thing!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back