Hygrophila Siamensis 53B

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sam1060

Reaction score
Hello. I have just got some hygrophila siamensis 53B from tropica 1-2 grow. When I removed them from the packaging all the stems and leaves had gone a dark green slime like. After removing the tissue thing from the bottom I was left with just the roots and a tiny bit of stem left so I have planted them. Does any one know if they will still grow or should I remove them so they don’t rot in my tank? Thanks.

Hello. I have just got some hygrophila siamensis 53B from tropica 1-2 grow. When I removed them from the packaging all the stems and leaves had gone a dark green slime like. After removing the tissue thing from the bottom I was left with just the roots and a tiny bit of stem left so I have planted them. Does any one know if they will still grow or should I remove them so they don’t rot in my tank? Thanks.

pics?

They was only planted last night so not much to show. It’s the small things below the platy. Tanks been set up with star grass, Java moss and another plant for about 10-11 months all growing really well (cut and re-scapped about 4 days ago). I added the plant in question, cryptocoryne X willisii and bacopa compact last night. Just don’t want the roots in question to cause problems.

Attachments

• 37843A54-2017-4418-8BB7-9FAACDD7BD4D.jpeg
    37843A54-2017-4418-8BB7-9FAACDD7BD4D.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 57
I would leave it--the tiny amount of tissue left probably won't hurt anything if it decomposes, and you never know, it might come back. Temple plant is tough stuff! Sounds like maybe it froze in the mail.

Temple plant? Is that the type of plant or have you misread. Sorry i have no idea about plants. I look at what it looks like on the shelf and throw it in TBH.

I've had some really mixed pots from the 1-2 Grow range in terms of what arrives but I've never had a pot fail on me :)

Sometimes the tissue form just looks strange compared to what you are expecting. I've had a few pots of Hygrophilla Araguia and when you separate some stems it feels like some of them are in seed casings or pods of some kind.

The other thing I've done with some success with the invitro plants is just float them on the surface and let them start growing, even if they get roots mid way up it gets the stem started and when they are fast growing its easy to propogate from.

Wills

I've had some really mixed pots from the 1-2 Grow range in terms of what arrives but I've never had a pot fail on me :)

Sometimes the tissue form just looks strange compared to what you are expecting. I've had a few pots of Hygrophilla Araguia and when you separate some stems it feels like some of them are in seed casings or pods of some kind.

The other thing I've done with some success with the invitro plants is just float them on the surface and let them start growing, even if they get roots mid way up it gets the stem started and when they are fast growing its easy to propogate from.

Wills
What I received looked ok but I was unable to move anything without it falling apart. Tissue and roots was very knotted but stems and leafs just disintegrated when I touched them. It was like the stems/box was crushed during transport. I’ll keep in mind about floating them first to help get them started next time. That never even crossed my mind. Thanks.

Plants get slimy as they die..leaves mostly. From looking at the photo? Its dead. Stems are dead brown/glassy right?
I would ask for a replacement. That plant was in the dark far too long.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back