HYDROCOTYLE TRIPARTITA JAPAN

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jerry Sem

Reaction score
As the title reads, I have a question about my Hydrocottyle Tripartita Japan that I haven't found an answer for. First off, these guys pretty much melted away after I first planted them. I chalk it up to them getting use to their new home. I dose twice a week with "EASY GREEN" and they made a major comeback, and it's only been 3 weeks. I think they like their new home now. This brings me to my question. I'm kind'a wraping the branches (thin ones at that) around my drift wood. Will those very fine or thin roots growing from below the branches, evenually attach to my drift wood ? Thanx Jerry

Don't plant them at first, let them float to tangle themselves into other plants or objects. Believe me, when this plant starts to grow, you'll be pulling out tons of it on a regular basis!

When you get a big ball of hydrocotyle, you can push it into the substrate, but be aware it then spreads out like an octopus into other areas. . . .

do you guys have any tips on growing the plant? it melted, and now it only has 3 tiny leaves on a frail branch, in the middle of a forest of other plants

im sure it will stick to the driftwood. i've had native pond plants that randomly grew in my pond stick to driftwood

As mentioned above. mine melted away pretty much, for about a week or two after planting. I was thinking, "what's plan B". Then I switched from API's LEAF ZONE to Co-Op's EASY GREEN, and they're making a recovery. My light is the FINNEX PLANTED+ 24/7. Its on full for 10 hours a day. I cut it back for sun rises and sun sets for an hour on both sides of full. Got my fingers crossed, so far so good, love those plants. Actually, all my plants have taken off. I like BANNANA Plants too, never had luck with them. They have rooted in my substrait (ECO COMPLETE) and are shooting up new leaves.

As mentioned above. mine melted away pretty much, for about a week or two after planting. I was thinking, "what's plan B". Then I switched from API's LEAF ZONE to Co-Op's EASY GREEN, and they're making a recovery. My light is the FINNEX PLANTED+ 24/7. Its on full for 10 hours a day. I cut it back for sun rises and sun sets for an hour on both sides of full. Got my fingers crossed, so far so good, love those plants. Actually, all my plants have taken off. I like BANNANA Plants too, never had luck with them. They have rooted in my substrait (ECO COMPLETE) and are shooting up new leaves.
i love the finnex 24/7, it makes plants grow like weeds!
I'll move the twig of hydrocoytle into the sun lit areas, and see how well it does.
if i can find easy green locally, i might try a bottle of it.
cool, banana plants are very interesting too

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back