Hydor Mini Heater

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I actually never have, but it looks great! The only thing I have come across with the smaller heaters is that they sometimes don't have a temp adjuster of any kind. Not sure about this one, but I have one that is only set to 76 :crazy: lol. That one really does look great though! :good:

I actually never have, but it looks great! The only thing I have come across with the smaller heaters is that they sometimes don't have a temp adjuster of any kind. Not sure about this one, but I have one that is only set to 76 :crazy: lol. That one really does look great though! :good:

Yea, you're right; there isn't a temp control

It has kept his water a constant 80. I have tested it by moving the thermometer around and letting it sit for awhile to get the temp

I've also used a digital thermometer and it gave me the same reading

I'm very happy with it so far

It keeps the temp at 80? That's great! I need to consider that. I just got a shipment of 6 bettas in and while I keep that room at 82, I still like to keep heaters if I can. Hmm..I'm going to go check out the link again. Let me know how it works out for ya! :)

It keeps the temp at 80? That's great! I need to consider that. I just got a shipment of 6 bettas in and while I keep that room at 82, I still like to keep heaters if I can. Hmm..I'm going to go check out the link again. Let me know how it works out for ya! :)

Yep! I was surprised it worked so well myself lol

Just looked it up on eBay but the price doesn't seem to be much lower, if at all. I'll keep looking :shifty:

I have one in one of my one gallon tanks. It generally stays right about 80. On hot days it goes higher and we have to unplug it. I got mine on ebay and paid too much. That was before I saw it at PetCo for 14.99, though :unsure:

Wonder if I can talk hub into it.....hehe

i was thinking eBay because I can often times get them fo rless than half retail. Didn't see anything cheaper though -_-

little word of warning on these...I had 2 bought new...one just stopped working luckily I noticed temp. had dropped dramatically....there was a tiny hole in casing I think that is why it broke.

The other one actually blew up...hubby was near the tank and he said something just flashed..you could then smell hot plastic.....the fish was still alive i scooped him out quick....the fringes of his tail were burnt. He is still alive but if we hadnt have been there...the tank then filled with bits of black plastic....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back