The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

steelhealr

Hug a mod Nano Reef Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
New Tank Mod

I added a new tank mod tonite and it's also posted on my other thread to help others. Many of you may have read about it. It's called a Hydor Flo.
hydorflo.jpg

It is an outflow nozzle that rotates 360 degrees and simulates 'wave' action. A sponge can be applied to the outside and it rotates above the water improving aeration (I don't have the sponge on it yet). It looked intimidating at first, but, took only a couple of minutes.

Instructions

1) Do your weekly water change to lower the tank water level

2) Grab the outflow flange by the 'duckbill' and gently twist. It should twist off easily.

hydorflo1.jpg

3) The duckbill is now removed exposing the outflow flange

hydorflo2.jpg

4) Find the adapter that fits into the NC outflow best, push it into the HydorFlo and then insert the HydorFlo onto the NC outflow flange.
hydorflo3.jpg

You're done. If you bought the rotating sponge, you can put it over the HF.

Just trying to make the big boy stuff within reach of us 'newbies'. Hope this helped. SH

Hi Sh

I have had one of these on my tank for ages and it works really well and is very cheap & easy to fit

Del

:D

Chac said:
Hi Sh

I have had one of these on my tank for ages and it works really well and is very cheap & easy to fit

Del

:D
Me too!! I have two, think you can see one of them in my pic link in sig.

Jon

ordered a couple of these yesturday infact (for our freshwater tanks)

look like a good bit of kit :)

I have one and it works well.... to an extent. Eventually you'll have to take it off and clean it well.... so keep that duckbill handy to put on it in when you do.

I'd just be worried about putting it that close to the surface in your tank.... when it makes its sweep around, how much above the water line is it gonna spray?

..it's been fine..the water stays at least 3 inches below the splashguard. SH

I have one but i found it restricted the flow far too much for my liking...

So i modified it.. now it gives far better flow :D

Yeah that is something I noticed (restriction of flow), so come on Nav tell us how you mod'd it

go on :D

:thumbs: :thumbs:

It may for mini-reefs, but, I find that for the nano the directional change seems better. SH

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back