Hydor External Heater

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

if you had a heater whats the rush just call the shop tell them to send it out recored delivery

thats what i would have done if 2 had gone missing

the phone is always the best way to deal with shops then their is never a mistake with delivery address

i don't know about you but I'm the sort of person if I'm not happy i will be on the phone from the day i was meant to receive my goods not waste time posting bad things about a shop

get a tracking number

As has been pointed out already. The people here are posting about their experiences when dealing with a particular retailer. They are not, per se, posting bad things about a shop.

Enough, you know I mean that.

Hey Elaine,

think I might still put a letter to trading standards about the state of play though after a day's cooling and aye the water is cold all the way up here (for my coldwater :p tank that I try to maintain at 74-76) so tank way below that and don't think that any of inhabitants looking any worse for wear (sensitive being cory's and guppies) but not bullet proof, maybe my waters good and clean so they're not stressed but that's not through the luxury of maintained constant water- like we all know the water in the wild hahahaha wild orandas is never constant anyway.

Just trying to deflect from comment earlier and think about the buzz of getting your new heater (Elaine)

Re customer service tho has any of you reading spoke (emailed) Jerry at EQJ - now that is a funny boy

and T1KARMANN - share the love bud - you're not doing your good name any favours

Hey Elaine,

think I might still put a letter to trading standards about the state of play though after a day's cooling and aye the water is cold all the way up here (for my coldwater :p tank that I try to maintain at 74-76) so tank way below that and don't think that any of inhabitants looking any worse for wear (sensitive being cory's and guppies) but not bullet proof, maybe my waters good and clean so they're not stressed but that's not through the luxury of maintained constant water- like we all know the water in the wild hahahaha wild orandas is never constant anyway.

Just trying to deflect from comment earlier and think about the buzz of getting your new heater (Elaine)

Re customer service tho has any of you reading spoke (emailed) Jerry at EQJ - now that is a funny boy

and T1KARMANN - share the love bud - you're not doing your good name any favours

my name is dirt already i dont care :lol:

but slaffing a shop off due to the bad post story is a diffrent case

its not hard to get a tracking number i sell loads of stuff on ebay and have never had anything go missing with a tracking number

if a shop has fish in tanks that are way to small for the fish they are keeping them in its ok to slag them off if the fish are not being treated right or a shops prices are a joke much more than other shops

look back at the posts in this thread and you will see people have said they now wont use livingseas because of this case of the missing heater

its hard out their right now for any fish shop to make money so its not a nice thing to slag a shop that has great prices just because of the royal mails mistakes

Can see your point and sincerely would hate anything at all on my consciounce, but like I've read somewhere along this merry dance of a whizz if (admittedly I did this after being advised by someone (sorry really getting snow blind from posting now but can't remember who but thanks to them too)

b) do google search
and make your own mind up, I've tried to be as fair as possible and as such, is it a bad thing that all online vendors are aware that just because we can't actually go to the place, we're not entirely powerless. As it happens I haven't the nads and in too good a mood to ask my folks to check if the credit has actually arrived, I ordered from the place I've been touting no end and hope they are reading cause no I don't work there but being trailer trash poor always appreciate a few freebies-shameless what!

Anyway off the high horse- take it easy T1 people laugh when i tell them how much a bag of that tropica dirt I put under the substrate- so dirt's no a bad thing

...because of the royal mails mistakes

Its nothing to do with mail cock-ups, its the way the shop handles its customers thats in question...

the shop has said it has sent out 2 heaters both of which were not received doesnt the shop have any rights or protection it has lost 2 heater due to the royal mail

they also have the rights to get their money back dont they

I couldn't agree more T1 - the shop's meant to have sent 4 out (if you add both Elaine and mines) but if they're having this problem with Royal Mail then maybe need to reddress how they're mailing stuff - like you said you can do it with ebay no problem, I see that AO seem to have put their delivery up so maybe that's something these two who are getting a hammering should do- mark it on the website about postal increases but at least all orders would have a tracking reference and then the customers can see exactly who's to blame.

Right who knows where I'll get a joist finder? Don't say you get your ass up to the attic and find out where it is -the last folk who lived here obviously thought it was a bit like pin the tail on the donkey my bedroom ceilings more holes that Jarlsberg

hi everyone on this lovely sunny morning,just to give you an update on whats happened to date, i phoned the company on saturday morning to say the refund had not took place as expected,apparently the refund was done friday night and will be back in my account on monday,any way i`v gone ahead and ordered one from aquatics online
well done to mcg i`m glad you got it sorted,and too any one else thats had problems,if the store in question has had staffing problems etc i hope they too get it sorted,meanwhile i`ll keep you updated on what happens and i`m once again looking forward to getting my heater,then i can take the jackets off the fish,take the hot water bottles out and stop scr
aping the ice off the top, :lol:only just read the last post,it isnt just mcg and myself having problems

ok they are rubbish lets all not use them thats another cheap online store that bites the dust

ok they are rubbish lets all not use them thats another cheap online store that bites the dust

i think thats perhaps a little melodramatic T1, we've discussed 1 bad experience here, we've not put the shop out of business. yes some people may read this and decide not to go with them, but anyone who makes that decision on the basis of 1 poor review/experience is quite frankly, a bit of a numpty! If the shops reputation is fragile enough to eb seriously damaged by one thread on a forum then they must be on pretty shaky ground in the first place. :rolleyes:

well its monday and i`v not received my refund, so i emailed them again,think thats about 12 emails in total, any way i`v just phoned them as well and they said it will take 3 or 4 days for me to get it in my account,i was actually quite offish with diane and made it quite clear i 1`m not happy about how this is turning out,and i think they might have took notice of me cus guess what, less than 5 mins later they rang me!!!!!!!and to cut a long story short i should soon be receiving a email off world pay advising me of my refund,so fingers crossed

From my experience they are a shop that operates under multiple names all of which are provided as links on their websites. While the prices are good the time you have to wait is a joke. I was told in an email that with the prices being low you have to wait for your order. They do not state that when they take orders there is a waiting list do they? no but they take your money under false pretenses. I mean whats the maximum they can make you wait legally? I waited 4 weeks for a filter, been waiting 4 weeks for my air pump and was told that they had none in and didnt know when they would be arriving, that being said I received an email from Aqua magic saying the pump had been dispatched so I was clearly lied to.

It was only when I exposed this lie they got really aggresive and rude in an email and stated it would be there pleasure to give me a refund else shut up and wait (in not so many words). My girlfriend has been waiting 5 weeks for a Juwel aquarium however 7 days after ordering it she received an email to say it was on its way, another week after that and numerous emails later she was given the old courier tale about them having to change over due to breakages etc.

I mean waiting a little while for your item is not such a big problem but when the website states 2-3 days and they do not specifically order your item, instead they let the orders come in at random and see if there is a certain item in the delivery that someone has ordered.

To add another angle, people work and have commitments so they need definite delivery dates not vague answers and promises that are not kept. I know someone on here mentioned the fact that 1 thread cannot do harm to a company or does not prove anything but what about all the people who have ordered through these guys and don't use this forum?

If they had such a good reputation then why do they have multiple websites with different names but the same contact details and numbers and identical site layouts?

They always give "should be" answers in emails and never answer your questions directly. All in all I have found them to be an appauling company to deal with and god knows how long I will have to wait for my refund. Its not about "slagging them off" its about sharing your experiences and helping people avoid the same issues, its an advice forum :rolleyes:

as stated if you think they are rubbish dont use them

i have always place my orders over the phone lets face it most of the time its best to talk to the people you are ordering from and a phone call costs nothing

if you think they are rubbish dont use them

and i dont work for them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back