hungry tetras

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

HoldenOn

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hey all,
I feed my fish once a day, the tetras get flakes and the corydoras get sinking foods. At first all was well, the tetras stuck to the food, occasionally noticing or trying to get the sinking food. Now they have learned to get it off the substrate, meaning my corydoras aren't getting the nutrients they need. Is it because I'm not feeding the tetras enough?

Nope your tetras are just greedy. If you feed pellets these take a while to be soft enough to eat. By the time they have softened the tetras will have lost interest and the cories can feed in peace for the next couple of hours. Cories are also pretty greedy and they won't go hungry ;)

If it bothers you feed just before lights out. Cories are nocturnal feeders and tetras sleep when it goes dark.

I often feel sorry for passive feeders , my pleco must get really annoyed with my Colombian tetra and my electric blue acara there’s not much food tht reaches the gravel

I often feel sorry for passive feeders , my pleco must get really annoyed with my Colombian tetra and my electric blue acara there’s not much food tht reaches the gravel
It's true.

I have also noticed when I drop shrimp pellets for my cory my tetras bite at it all the way down then spent a few seconds stilling going after it on the bottom. My cory swim in close and once the tetra leave the corys enjoy the pellets.

The funniest thing I have ever seen is feeding Silver dollars Algae discs. They get them in their mouths and then bite bits off and spin them around, they will eat them in almost a perfect circle, it is really cool. Just put more sinking food in the tank and let them go for it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back