Humane Way To Give Fish Away

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ester

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
After facing an ick outbreak, I am left to figure out what to do with certain fish.  I also am having compatibility issues due to a RTS in one of my tanks that I am choosing over the other fish.

1 long fin zebra danio - the other 4 died after the ick treatment with heat/medicine

1 clown loach - the other 4 for died for the same reason as the danios

5 serpae tetras - always harassed by the RTS, and want to put them with some tiger barbs but not sure if I should part ways with them.  A few of them are multiple years old though....

Should I return the fish to the store? I feel rude doing this, as I won't know who will be the responsible, or not so responsible, next owner.

no.gif

I am sure somebody on here based in the US will be willing to rehome your fish for you then at least you can find out a bit more about them and where your fish are going to and maybe even get updates on how they are settling in 
smile.png

I would really not suggest rehousing fish infected with ich. I usually rehome fish to the store if I can't find anyone else willing to take them. Once they're at the store it's really up to luck whether they go to a good home or not. :/

I agree with TallTree, if they are infested with ick, you would basically be infecting someone else's tank =/

You want to house serpaes (known for their fin nipping) with tiger barbs (known for their fin nipping)? Probably not good.

If they are all Clear of Ich then you can find them homes use Craigslist or Facebook. I picked up a fish that needed a new home on Facebook. Look for the Facebook sites that are for selling things. I found a fish Facebook page for keepers in my area. I was able to use that to find my 2 big fish are good home. 

Most reactions

trending

Back