Hpw Can I Spruce Up This Tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Anubias and Java Fern Require no maintanence to grow. Just tie them on something that's it. Looks better than tacky plastic plants and there isn't much of a risk of fish shredding their fins on them.

Also gonna back up the bog wood.

And gonna add a touch of "You could get rid of that no fishing octopus" :blink:

Oh, and just to show how much you don't need to care about anubias and java fern, I've got a 24 inch deep tank with crappy LED lighting, it gives off 1/4th the light of a standard bulb.

The java ferns are having java fern babies, and the anubias are growing like weeds. I don't add fertilizer of CO2 or anything like that. Just do the normal thing. Turn lights on, feed fish, watch fish. Go do something else for a while. Rinse repeat.

I didn't want the fake reef, or the octopus. But my medelling girlfriend wants it to match the purple 'feature wall' and our accessories in the living room. Sigh, if she had her way it would have purple gravel too :( I compromised on that octopus and the reef to save my ears. I can't have anything without her stickin her beak in!

OK master plan. NEW TANK!! I may use this tank for live bearers and start from scratch. Can anybody recommend a good tank! Should I start a new thread?!?!

I really like the ornament on the far right & I'm also interested as to what is floating on the surface to the right?

Anubias and Java Fern Require no maintanence to grow. Just tie them on something that's it. Looks better than tacky plastic plants and there isn't much of a risk of fish shredding their fins on them.

Also gonna back up the bog wood.

And gonna add a touch of "You could get rid of that no fishing octopus" :blink:

Oh, and just to show how much you don't need to care about anubias and java fern, I've got a 24 inch deep tank with crappy LED lighting, it gives off 1/4th the light of a standard bulb.

The java ferns are having java fern babies, and the anubias are growing like weeds. I don't add fertilizer of CO2 or anything like that. Just do the normal thing. Turn lights on, feed fish, watch fish. Go do something else for a while. Rinse repeat.

I didn't want the fake reef, or the octopus. But my medelling girlfriend wants it to match the purple 'feature wall' and our accessories in the living room. Sigh, if she had her way it would have purple gravel too :( I compromised on that octopus and the reef to save my ears. I can't have anything without her stickin her beak in!

OK master plan. NEW TANK!! I may use this tank for live bearers and start from scratch. Can anybody recommend a good tank! Should I start a new thread?!?!

You could accidently break the octopus thing............that's what I'd do :shifty:

I've never been a fan of fake decorations, especially cartoon silly stuff like skulls, pirate ships, etc. That's great for a kid's tank but even then, if they don't see it they don't usually want it.

I can't wait until my plants grow large enough that I can remove the fake stump thing in the middle of my tank. I want to replace it with a big piece of driftwood that I'm currently soaking.

I really like the ornament on the far right & I'm also interested as to what is floating on the surface to the right?

............or you could sell it to this guy^

the plants in my sig were all grown with a single bulb, about 30-36W, cant remember which.

Ok, my opinion. Get rid of the gravel & replace is with sand. Get rid of all the ornaments & get a big piece of bogwood. Get a few stem plants, very easy to grow & live plants always look beter than artificial ones.

Tom

Orrrrrr ....... get that new tank and put all your livebearers in it. Keep this tank with the angels and loaches, but replace all the decor with cool stuff. And live plants. And driftwood.
biggrin.gif

The octopus isnt attatched. That ornament is my fave, bought it at the weekend. Does a sterling job of hiding the internal filter.

I dont know what you mean by floating in the far right. Theres the ornament which is a little reef like cavern thingy but its not floating. Just behind that are my heater and filter. And theres also some floating live plants. Cant remember the name 'indian' something or other.

I think in just gonna get a new tank and go from there. I hate the 3d background on this one anyway, looks shabby and makes the tank dark.

Now feel like ive rushed this one a bit and spent money that could have been better spent with a bit more thought :/

Yep, floating live plant in the second photo. Pennywort?

Suggestion for a background ... paint the outside of the back with black paint.

The octopus isnt attatched. That ornament is my fave, bought it at the weekend. Does a sterling job of hiding the internal filter.

I dont know what you mean by floating in the far right. Theres the ornament which is a little reef like cavern thingy but its not floating. Just behind that are my heater and filter. And theres also some floating live plants. Cant remember the name 'indian' something or other.

I think in just gonna get a new tank and go from there. I hate the 3d background on this one anyway, looks shabby and makes the tank dark.

Now feel like ive rushed this one a bit and spent money that could have been better spent with a bit more thought :/

The tank doesn't look bad at all bro, just needs a bit more of a focal point. Go for a walk in some woods near water & look for an interesting piece of wood that isn't pine. Hardwoods are best. Fill a bucket with clean water and soak the piece, changing the water every few days. I have 3 nice pieces soaking in my garage...............one of them will probably replace that stump thing in the middle of my signature pic.

What will the black paint achieve that the background i already have doesnt though? I dont understand, sorry if u seem ignorant.

"Sorry if u seem ignorant"? Eh?

You said you hated the 3D background, and painting the back of your tank is an option. It really makes the fish and plants seem more brilliant.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back