Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
November 2019 Tank of the Month Contest
We had 7 tanks entered in the TOTM contest but only one could win...

And the winner is..:band:

:hooray:
howard_hopkinson

Let's all congratulate Howard
:drinks:
Here is his tank and its description

Ec5hFMU6_35iI-fX8RU3RmIsQea0hjkIV9dUKklVxP6W2jUejEBgEAGPDA1LkIdP1OJxJ-ljNklI7SbB7EbHbI7iXun5Ed_ZWr04nG9kCQ4wWHM__Vnwa9E14Xjf-0lCM5VY01Gb_gyrEFJgYw9I8Mrz1Fi0bFDgb91u6pJa8iLgUFCFPVXtpDM8XO0zoVuKZ-khVkJPUHwvyUD6D_TeMPhhqgKQLvfEV5H-bH1mMIjV9A7G7tZ8GxU6eQ2fH7tz9CcL2GtoSqNuUUO1sV56Af_XwKUc7asu8tk0C7kL_3F8USwGYD8Az6IGy2Di6EfqmtVNU_SNx7PMDYwsPME-RwgdUclqmZm7yVi5d4wDV616LweMkxqz-2v2uWHIr6Z8Uy4KnbsJmM4ITs-P_ir9S3XUljK3Ftq75k_Aq0_VR905QFhb90mbwYUmvzdZmNSju0xL7g7Gg5gYm_VtphdjoQmu9_-VW8GrrDkHGbXSDdYNZOLuhQEtIA63zkhCoEiTIBnpOJuGEVmBwYcYp6JuKsbSVLuf1O8Ist9GIo5rRB-73oGKH-p55b0be2I1LYSlNSRKB79eehdQGopdtspanFfyLsACccDhlcFDhpkroqvJQzswHXGyBOaWSLTPQ1yeH00LxPhJDITosQxwghTkFdCl7drQN0LmQq9npqYCbTkD8aVll7mbdBI=w3648-h1680-no

My aquarium contains the following: Yoyo loaches, Corydoras Amandajanea, Angelfish, Cardinal tetras, Platys, Zebra Danios, Pearl Gouramis, Honey Gouramis and Dwarf Gouramis. The tank also contains 6 Zebra Nerite snails.

My tank is a Fluval Roma 240 litre with a Fluval 307 external filter, a Fluval 300watt heater and Fluval Aquasky 2.0 30watt led lighting.

The tank is planted with Java moss, Amazon Swords, Vallisneria(jungle) and Ambulia(asian marshweed) and a few small foreground plants I don't know the names of.

The temperature is 25.1C and water parameters are as follows: PH7.0 Ammonia 0 Nitrites 0 Nitrates are around 5 to 10.

Decorations are some Mopani wood, A very large resin castle and a resin tree root. I also have a printed aquarium background poster.

Last edited:
Congratulations Howard with your unique tank. Well deserved win. I really like the ornament and your plants. Where did you buy that castle ornament? Is it all one ornament or are there two or three separate ornaments?

You will soon be awarded a "TOTM Winner" profile banner.

To those entrants who didn't win, you may reenter your tank in a future TOTM contest. Next TOTM contest starts on December 1st.

To our members: right now we are running our Pet of the Month contest. You may enter any pet that you own except fish. Click here to view the entry thread.
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/enter-now-november-2019-pet-of-the-month-contest.455057/

We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation in our contests.

Last edited:
Oh wow, I definitely didn't expect to win when I entered my aquarium, I'm bowled over and would like to thank everyone who voted for my tank.
The castle ornament was purchased off of eBay, its in 2 pieces which is just as well given its size which is 55 x 19 x 37 cm.

You edged me out by only 16 votes Howard so don't get a big head. That's awful close. But really man, your aquarium is great. That Castle is awesome. I don't really go in for decorations like that but . . .
That thing is really cool. Now go tell your wife that her living room is world renowned.

Yeah it was fairly close mate lol.

The castle was definitely she who must be obeyed idea! I wasn't too keen on it to start with, but I must admit it's kind of grown on me now. The fish definitely seem to like it given all the nooks and crannies it affords them.

It's actually part of the castle and as such is made from resin as is the rest of the castle. In other words, there is no actual flowing water.

I really like that you have 3 different schooling fish with a decent number of fish in each school. And also your angels and gourami fish add even more interest. Nice job!

To our members: we are seeking more entrants for our Pet of the Month contest. You may enter any pet that you own except fish. Just 4 days left to enter and show off your pet. Click link to check it out:
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/enter-now-november-2019-pet-of-the-month-contest.455057/

Thanks Fishmanic.

I love all my fish but the angelfish are undoubtedly my favourites especially the black ghost female. She can be a bit cantankerous towards the male koi angel, but also tends to spend quite some time displaying to him. She has laid eggs a couple of times but they soon get eaten by the parents.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back