How Would You Scape This?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

majerah1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score

Ā 
This is my 40 breeder. As you can clearly see the plants are a real mess in here. They consist ofĀ 
Ā 
Rotala
ludwigia hybrid
cabomba
wisteria
watersprite narrow leaf
cryptocorne wendtii
willow hygro
java fernĀ 
anubias nana petite
vallisnaria
a long leaved crypt similar to the valĀ 
christmas moss
asian watergrass
duckweed (Urp, needs to go but the fish seem to like it)Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
I can try for better photos but not promising since my camera hates me, and eats batteries daily.Ā 
Ā 

I did forget, I have two types of swords. Melon and another.Ā 

On the one hand you have some nice looking plants that are clearly happy enough to overgrow your tank so good job on that the down side is it's almost imposable short of taking the whole thing apart to rescape a tank especially if your using a plant substrate or a dirt one.
I had a 20 gallon tank that this happens to once and after several weeks of trying to get it under controll I just ended up taking the whole thing apart and starting fresh with a new substrate and trimmed plants that I could keep under controll.
Anyways sorry I'm not more help I'm sure someone has figured out a way to do it other then the take down and reset up but that's what worked for me so that's all I got.
Good luck with whatever you do :)

Haha, thaanks! Yes i know I would have to basically do a teardown, I have another piece of wood I think I want to add as well. The fish will be placed in a bucket and all plants removed. As for substrate, I have blasting sand in there so no worries about that. Plants seem to like it enough.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back