How To Wash A Stray Cat

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Put your foot down ;) You're the boss! I'm 23 and I still don't dare tell my parents what to do, out of respect. Their house, their rules. You want to keep the cat, you keep it! :good:

Put your foot down ;) You're the boss! I'm 23 and I still don't dare tell my parents what to do, out of respect. Their house, their rules. You want to keep the cat, you keep it! :good:

Thank you for writing! You are very courteous then, my daughter does not like me, has her reasons, but...while still living here, she should have some respect. She is smart and is basically a nice person but likes to boss me around, I just say what I think is right then walk away. She is supposed to move out in a few weeks...when she sees how much it costs to live on your own she may end up back here! I don't know if moving will work out for her, we don't talk very long. But, I am glad you wrote, I never would have spoken to my parents this way, but they were so nice I never had reason to anyway. My daughter is the opposite of my son: he is kind, funny, courteous, helpful, caring, always spends time with me and we laugh together. My daughter is not like him at all! She is totally different. You seem to have good common sense and judgement, oh and manners. Write anytime, and if I do end up with cat I'll post, only thing is, it may be another 3 weeks before I know. :flowers:

hate to say it but if your daft enough to think you can actually bath a cat you think is a stray then more fool you :rolleyes:

I think I wrote before, but this cat had allergies, fleas, and was scratching alot. The flea bath worked so far and he seems happier. My scratches are healing. Still am glad we washed him.

Kinda concerned that he bit you hard enough to require disinfecting - we had cats for decades and none of them ever bit and drew blood, not even by "accident", scratched yes, but my one bite came from a psycho ginger that started prowling our area. I don't think I'd leave it in with my kid.

:(

Update- cat scratches and nip look alright. My kids are old enough they understand cats, its the dogs I don't want to see get batted by a cat paw. Its already happened once (this is not unusual for stray cats) and I don't want it to happen again, the cat might aim for their eyes and I don't need that. Ok, the dogs don't either but cat was inside tonight and didn't scratch, he was rolling in happiness again after eating.

Kinda concerned that he bit you hard enough to require disinfecting - we had cats for decades and none of them ever bit and drew blood, not even by "accident", scratched yes, but my one bite came from a psycho ginger that started prowling our area. I don't think I'd leave it in with my kid.

:(

Update- cat scratches and nip look alright. My kids are old enough they understand cats, its the dogs I don't want to see get batted by a cat paw. Its already happened once (this is not unusual for stray cats) and I don't want it to happen again, the cat might aim for their eyes and I don't need that. Ok, the dogs don't either but cat was inside tonight and didn't scratch, he was rolling in happiness again after eating.

Update: Still feeding the cat, it sleeps in the house overnight, but I've noticed lately it either has occasional coughing, sneezing, and I may have heard wheezing once. It needs to see the vet, will ask my daughter to take it since she thinks she is the boss of the cat's care. If not, I will take it if I have to go in my pj's. Cat eats fine and is happy in the house, no other symptoms I can see. Was hoping to get stool sample but have not been able to yet.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back