How to train Honey Gourami to spit water

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fisho1

Reaction score
I was at a friend's house who owns 3 honey gouramis and he had trained one to spit water on command. I was wondering how to do this as I have a male honey gourami in a planted 10-gallon aquarium. Any advice on this topic is appreciated :)

what kind of commands does he give the gourami...I wouldnt think voice would work. Does he offer food before the Gourmi does it. I would ask your friend how he got it to do that.

I was at a friend's house who owns 3 honey gouramis and he had trained one to spit water on command. I was wondering how to do this as I have a male honey gourami in a planted 10-gallon aquarium. Any advice on this topic is appreciated :)
it might just be that one gourami that has a wierd habit. you may be able to make them jump/hand feed them!

he gives them food on his finger and when they squirt it he gives it to them, I've tried his way and cant get it to work, teaching them to jump would be cool though, i have a lid on my tank so they cant escape

it might just be that one gourami that has a wierd habit. you may be able to make them jump/hand feed them!
I've been able to hand feed him, its great fun, all the fish other in my tank do it as well

I have done this with Archer fish. I used frozen grated ox heart on a popsicle stick just held above the water. Butterfly fish will jump out of the water for ox heart as well. The photo in my thread with the Oscar is using ox heart. " Oscars are great pets "

I have done this with Archer fish. I used frozen grated ox heart on a popsicle stick just held above the water. Butterfly fish will jump out of the water for ox heart as well. The photo in my thread with the Oscar is using ox heart. " Oscars are great pets "
I'll give that a try, i will post here again if it works :)

I'll give that a try, i will post here again if it works :)
wait i just searched it up and only dwarf gouramis have the bsdt chance of doing it. dont be discouraged if your gourami cant do it. archer fish do that in nature too

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back