How To Sex Balloon Rams?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I don't like any balloon fish; it causes their internal organs (especially the swim bladder) to deform and can lead to a lot of health problems (and with rams you've already got a hard to, keep delicate fish!).

As for the long fins; I just think it makes the fish look out of proportion.

The blue ram is my ultimate favourite fish; I think they're perfect just as they are :)

100% two males. Again there is no reddish belly. Also shape and size indicates you got 2 males.

Both males, they are both balloons and long finned aswell. 

On my research they live in a community of five in the wild, and can all get along.
I have 3 in my tank
The research I’ve done say that they will fight to develop a hierarchy situation then will all live happily together.

I don't like any balloon fish; it causes their internal organs (especially the swim bladder) to deform and can lead to a lot of health problems (and with rams you've already got a hard to, keep delicate fish!).

As for the long fins; I just think it makes the fish look out of proportion.

The blue ram is my ultimate favourite fish; I think they're perfect just as they are :)
Your missing out in having an amazing addition to your tank.
The blue is boring
Everyone has there own opinions and that’s all good. don’t put another mans fish down

I bought 1 baloon ram today from he per store today and would like to know the sex as I am going back today to get another but a diffrent sex I have a picture could you tell me what sex this one is? I can provide more pictures if needed.

View attachment 71767

100% two males. Again there is no reddish belly. Also shape and size indicates you got 2 males.
These are juveniles without a doubt so you cant go by the pink belly as it can take awhile to show up!! If they were regular rams i could tell u easily but its harder with these. You cant go by color this young plus they always fade when moved or stressed!! Goin by what i can see of the dorsal fins they have a male & female

These are juveniles without a doubt so you cant go by the pink belly as it can take awhile to show up!! If they were regular rams i could tell u easily but its harder with these. You cant go by color this young plus they always fade when moved or stressed!! Goin by what i can see of the dorsal fins they have a male & female
this is an old post

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back