How to Reduce Aggression in Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Astronomiii

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a 20 gallon tank, where I have a rainbow shark, 2 sunset Honey Gouramis, 3 Pepper Corys, and 2 Swordtails. What happened when I first got the rainbow Shark when he was still a baby, and he had no signs of aggression, however as time goes on, I start to see more and more aggressive behavior from him, so I was just wondering how to reduce his aggression if theres a way

Thanks, any help is useful

Most rainbow sharks will chase any fish the enters their territory, they generally become territorial once they reach adulthood. For rainbow sharks you want them to be the only bottom dwelling species, and don't keep anything they can catch or bully. The smaller the space the more agressive the fish will be. They require a tank of something like 40+ inches in length to have a full territory.

Most rainbow sharks will chase any fish the enters their territory, they generally become territorial once they reach adulthood. For rainbow sharks you want them to be the only bottom dwelling species, and don't keep anything they can catch or bully. The smaller the space the more agressive the fish will be. They require a tank of something like 40+ inches in length to have a full territory.
thats the thing I found weird, he attacks the top dwellers like the sword tail, but does not attack or even care about the corys the bottom dwell with him

I agree. The Rainbow "Shark" will readily out-grow this space (already is). And it can become quite aggressive, and it is a fact that small spaces will make this aggression even more likely and severe.

Hi,

I currently have a 20 gallon tank, where I have a rainbow shark, 2 sunset Honey Gouramis, 3 Pepper Corys, and 2 Swordtails. What happened when I first got the rainbow Shark when he was still a baby, and he had no signs of aggression, however as time goes on, I start to see more and more aggressive behavior from him, so I was just wondering how to reduce his aggression if theres a way

Thanks, any help is useful
sharks are all aggressive i think when they grow up

rainbow shark
Epalzeorhynchos frenatus has nothing to do in a so small tank. Grows big and turns aggressive when aging. It needs 400 liters minimum for 1 specimen. The only way to solve your problem is to pull it apart asap.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back