How To Post Cherry Shrimp? Help Please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

XFiSh_CichildX

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hey i was wondering if anyone could guide me how to post some cherry shrimp as i have them advertised local but have had some interest from someone in England. 

thanks 

I recently received some shrimp from England, I'm from Scotland, and they were in a plastic bag with no air (I think this stops them sloshing around a lot). Inside the bag was a sort of green mesh which I believe was a temporary heat source. The bag was wrapped in kitchen paper while the box they came in was also lined with both kitchen paper and bubble wrap.

Nothing special about the box, it was just big enough to be stuffed fairly tightly with tissue, bubble wrap, then the bag of shrimp with more tissue and bubble wrap all round and on top.

Sorry, should have said, next day before 1pm postage (or earlier) is probably essential!

fm1978 said:
I recently received some shrimp from England, I'm from Scotland, and they were in a plastic bag with no air (I think this stops them sloshing around a lot). Inside the bag was a sort of green mesh which I believe was a temporary heat source. The bag was wrapped in kitchen paper while the box they came in was also lined with both kitchen paper and bubble wrap.

Nothing special about the box, it was just big enough to be stuffed fairly tightly with tissue, bubble wrap, then the bag of shrimp with more tissue and bubble wrap all round and on top.

Sorry, should have said, next day before 1pm postage (or earlier) is probably essential!
thank you, very helpful and much appreciated!

The green mesh would have been for the shrimps to stand on. You need to put something in the bag for that. A bit of java moss or any other plant you have, or even a piece of filter wool would do.
Shrimps need something to stand on. I've seen a shop tank full of shrimps with just a half coconut shell for decor. The coconut was covered in shrimps, and the ones that coudn't fit were standing on the shrimps that were on the coconut. There were only a couple of shrimps on the tank bottom, and they were trying to get on the pile.

At the moment, you won't need a heat pad, but if you post any when the weather is cooler, you will need one. When I've had fish by post, the heat pad has been selotaped to the inside of the box with shredded paper or bubble wrap between the pad and bag of fish.

essjay said:
The green mesh would have been for the shrimps to stand on. You need to put something in the bag for that. A bit of java moss or any other plant you have, or even a piece of filter wool would do.
Shrimps need something to stand on. I've seen a shop tank full of shrimps with just a half coconut shell for decor. The coconut was covered in shrimps, and the ones that coudn't fit were standing on the shrimps that were on the coconut. There were only a couple of shrimps on the tank bottom, and they were trying to get on the pile.

At the moment, you won't need a heat pad, but if you post any when the weather is cooler, you will need one. When I've had fish by post, the heat pad has been selotaped to the inside of the box with shredded paper or bubble wrap between the pad and bag of fish.
spot on thank you, i always add a bit of filter wool in the bags when people are coming to collect them even :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back