How to Move Aquarium

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

vio88

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My question is how long can java ferns go in a bucket or bag? I will be moving soon and it is about a 13 hour drive. Also how susceptible are they to temperature? How many can go in one bucket/bag and any other tips please.

I buy my Java Ferns at Petco, they sell them in plastic tubes that have a clear jelly that keeps the roots moist. The plants sit there for weeks before they are sold. As long as your plants don't dry out I would think they will be fine, also avoid cold temperatures

put them in a bucket of water with a lid and keep them out of the sun. they will be fine for 13 hours

put them in a bucket of water with a lid and keep them out of the sun. they will be fine for 13 hours

Should I poke holes in the bucket lid? My thought is to allow air exchange or is that more so for fish? Would they be ok for say 3 days? I am thinking if take down tank day before move, drive one day then next day set up tank. Safely what is their max time in a bucket?

Plants will be fine in a bucket for a few days.

For the fish, I'd recommend against that.

I am going to rehome my fish before then for that very reason so I will only have plants.

As said before, as long as they are in water and the bucket has a lid, they will be fine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back