How to make an ecosphere?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Snails are really cute and interesting. There's no harm in enjoying them too.

Ive got a big bladder snail in my fry tank as cleaner, I named it Gertrude!
View attachment 112886

Aww, she's so cute! I actually named one of my bladder snails already, because he's the biggest of all the snails I found. I named him Gary. Original, right? :rofl:

@NCaquatics, new development: I think Gary might actually be a pond snail? His shell curves in a different direction than the others, and his antennae are triangle shaped. What do you think?

1597508089640.png

Last edited:
Just thought I'd give a quick update. I set up the ecosphere a few days ago, and everything seems to be going good so far. I think I might add a shrimp or two in there eventually, and some more plants, but this is what it looks like now.

1597785852493.png

And here is Gary, enjoying his new home. (He's at the top, by the piece of wood.)

1597785894994.png

I found this while searching for info on setting up my own aquatic ecosphere to keep at work.

It's been 5 months since you started Gary's ecosphere. How about an update?

I found this while searching for info on setting up my own aquatic ecosphere to keep at work.

It's been 5 months since you started Gary's ecosphere. How about an update?

Sure! I can give an update!
The ecosphere has been doing very well. Gary is healthy and happy. He has produced a few babies, but nothing terrible. The other snails I actually ended up putting in a different ecosphere, so I have two now. They haven't been going nuts with babies either. I don't give them a ton of food (enough for them to not go hungry, of course), so I think that has helped with preventing overpopulation.

IMG_20210125_110351375.jpg

IMG_20210125_110539421.jpg
< Gary (plus one of his babies)

IMG_20210125_110753522.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back