How To Make A Diy Python

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I just finished making one of these pythons following your instructions and model thankyou!

I haven't tried it yet, only difference with mine is I couldn't get clear tubing so I got white hose which is meant to be "chemical free" and for human drinking consumption so it must be alright for fish!

:drool:

Just used mine, little hard to get the siphon started but once you do it goes well... slowly but surely!

Just followed the instructions but finding it impossible to get it started. Any further tips? Maybe my hose is too long from tank to sink?

done one myself not enough pressure to start emptying but once syphoned its easy for the old water to go in the loo and then instantly putting fresh in

Just done this myself and works perfectly. Emptied a 120L tank in about 15 mins and filled a 180L in about 5 minutes.
Cost me £19.
Bought all the hozelock connectors off ebay for £12 and then a 15m hose (cut down to 8m) for £7 from B&Q.

Brilliant, thanks!

It took me a while to get the pressure rite for suction but after that its easy going :good:

i am off to make one myself this week end
i feel a trip to BnQ coming on were do you get clear hose
i know your going to say lfs to dear there might try BnQ
for that as well i will let you know how i get on

Now this is something I need to try. I am currently moving about 600L of water a week and it takes ages plus I always end up spilling some water on the carpet. When Ive got time I will pop to B&Q to get some hose. The connectors a very cheap from ebay

Now I am going to have to try this! If Croydon is on flood alert later today, you'll know why :fun: :lol:
I did it-all by my self too! It did take a while to get it to syphon-I tried holding the pipe up and laying it down, when I had it draped over the living room door, there was some gurgling. I was about to give up and consign my contraption to the pile of hosepipe spares, I put it back on the floor and hey presto! I wonder if there's a fool proof way of getting it started and where the pipe should be-lower or higher?

Please do not flood Croydon as I am just down the road in Carshalton :nod:

I too got all the bits and bobs to do this but had limited success in the end I set up the hose from the sink tap with a connector and nothing else then ran the pipe to the tank charged the line so it was full all the way to the tank then released it at the sink 9 times out of 10 water starts flowing out into the sink on the 1 occasion I sucked on the pipe which also started sucking the water out of the tank. I am no expert on this but as I see it just as long as the line is full of water and it starts a draw by a drop in pressure at one end then the flow is going to continue whilst you have a supply of water at the other end I maybe wrong but it works for me every time with out fail.

"Simple's" as the Meerkat says :good: :lol:

Regards onebto

I have managed it every time so far-draping it over the door while the water is running, then dropping it down when I turn it off-works for me!
Carole x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back