How To Keep Snail From Escaping?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dingweding

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Even my tank has lid, there is a small hole for the wire of filter etc, i found my apple snail still escape.

And i am try to change it to a open tank, because i want to upgrade the lighting of my planted tank. any suggestion to stop them escaping?

None of my snails ever leave the water unless it's about to lay eggs. Although some snails have been known to try to escape if they find the water unsuitable for them.

i donot think so, my tank is very heavily planted tank, all the fish are happy, also shrimps. Apple snail just like climb every where, sometimes they climb out of the water, then 1 or 2 might go further, i will find it on the floor. or 3 days later.

What type of apple snails are they? I've never heard of snails regularly climbing their way out of the tank other than some nerites.

What type of apple snails are they? I've never heard of snails regularly climbing their way out of the tank other than some nerites.

just normal golden ones. i have 15, there are always 1 or 2 will climb near the surface. occasionaly they will escape.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back