How to keep lots of pure or salt water on hand or how to make water changes easier

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sounds pretty good. Any questions for me? I can pretty much answer anything.

Well I FINALLY received the 90 gallon tank yesterday. We had to unpack it outside because the crate was two big. My son-in-law came over and helped me move it to the cabinet. My daughter watched their suicidal 1 yr old - he maybe he'll have a strange memory of this later in life and decide to own a fish store. It wasn't heavy (70 lbs) but at 48 inches long it woulld be hard for a single person to move. It is stunning. It also has two majjor cracks in the top of it and get this: The back has a clear panel that is on the inside and black panel on the back added afterwards. There is NO crack in the black panel not even a scratch. Seems to me it had to happen at the factory. Sombody broke the inside clear panel and once they added the black background. But somehow they got the shipper to take full responsibility. They are giving me another tank but I'm waiting to hear if I can keep the 90 gallon or if they need to give it to their insurance company. . I have a friend with a large reptile - this would make a great tank for one of these. I can sand down the edge which is very sharp and then cover the whole area with a strip of silicone. I know somebody would go ahead try to use it as a fish tank But the thought of this tank starting to leak water all over my beautiful wood floors would make me constantly worry.
So I guess the DoJis are stuck in their white water and high ammonia levels that continues to worry me. But I need to finish my tank filter - a Fluval 407. I'm completely lost. The manual is huge and in 7 different languages. I have everything put together but I am left with 5 things. They don't tell you how to know where to cut filter (I do unterstand it) on their little instruction book the hose appears to be connected to instelf but that's impossible. And brieft;y tryied making it go the way they showed and I'm short 22" of hoae - S0 I still have a lot to do.

I also need to make some kind of heating guard for the heaters that will be attached to the tanks used to add and hold water warm for water changes - or even for the initial fill of the salt water without burning through the side of the tank. I also need to build the reef (and tear down the last one I build which has too much a big rock in it. They also tell you what filter media to and it's about 99% sponge so I will make some changes, But I think I need to make most of the rocks about 1/2 smaller so I can have some interesting tunnels and more surface areas for corals. I've picked out about 5 low maintenance corals that will run me less than $350, There are just so many that are very rare aand expensive and most of them are ugly.

So if anybody wants to fly out to Topeka/Kansaas City this week end and come stay and help me set up this sallt water tank I'd sure appreciate it.

Oh - and if you need a REAL sad story - they found 8 polyps in my lungs a number of cysts on my liver following a CT scan. I'm already on oxygen 24/7. My Pulmonologist thinks the Polyps (at (least the NEW ones he found - he never told me I had any OLD ones!) are due to my recent bought with pneumonia and there are just pictures of inflammation. And the older ones are also just spots where I've had an exacerbations before. So I guess, according to him, the inflammation never goes away. So he wants to do another CAT scan in 3 months and see if anything had changed. The Mayo Clinic website says there is about a 60% chance they are malignant. It's unlikely the cysts are malignant unless I've been a heavy drinker (I sure was at one time) Oh and I have little polyps on my adrenal glands - a condition called Adenonoma's which are never cancerous but can wreak havoc by causing different symptoms as they grow. For example, I've told doctors for YEARS that I drink an excessive amount of water - more like 18 or 20 than the recommended and aldosterone, made in those adrenals can cause you to drink a lot of water. I dont have a deep talk with my Pulmonologist for another week and while he wants to wait to biopsy, I'd kind of prefer if they just did a biopsy now so I don't have to wait 3 more moths (which on his schedule may mean 3 yrs._) anyway - I'm kind of bummed and could use somebody to cheer me up!

So if anybody wants to fly out to Topeka/Kansaas City this week end and come stay and help me set up this sallt water tank I'd sure appreciate it.
I sure which I could! I love setting up tanks. :)

Any pics of the tank?

Oh - and if you need a REAL sad story - they found 8 polyps in my lungs a number of cysts on my liver following a CT scan. I'm already on oxygen 24/7. My Pulmonologist thinks the Polyps (at (least the NEW ones he found - he never told me I had any OLD ones!) are due to my recent bought with pneumonia and there are just pictures of inflammation. And the older ones are also just spots where I've had an exacerbations before. So I guess, according to him, the inflammation never goes away. So he wants to do another CAT scan in 3 months and see if anything had changed. The Mayo Clinic website says there is about a 60% chance they are malignant. It's unlikely the cysts are malignant unless I've been a heavy drinker (I sure was at one time) Oh and I have little polyps on my adrenal glands - a condition called Adenonoma's which are never cancerous but can wreak havoc by causing different symptoms as they grow. For example, I've told doctors for YEARS that I drink an excessive amount of water - more like 18 or 20 than the recommended and aldosterone, made in those adrenals can cause you to drink a lot of water. I dont have a deep talk with my Pulmonologist for another week and while he wants to wait to biopsy, I'd kind of prefer if they just did a biopsy now so I don't have to wait 3 more moths (which on his schedule may mean 3 yrs._) anyway - I'm kind of bummed and could use somebody to cheer me up!
I’m very sorry to hear this. You will be in my prayers. :(

Most reactions

Back