How to hide bettas reflection?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Salty&Onion

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
He constantly sees his own reflection and flares at it.
How do I hide his reflection?

Try to pick up some thin board from a D.I.Y shop or somewhere alike. Cut the board just slightly bigger than the measurements of the side and back walls of the tank. Fix it together and slide it around the tank.
Try repositioning the light and not having it on in a dark room.
Growing plants around the back and side walls of the tank can also restrict his view of himself.
Give him somewhere to hide and feel secure. Could be a rock cave (smooth rocks), driftwood or even what I've done and is half a hollow coconut with a hole in the front and sand the edges of the hole smooth.

What does the tank look like these days? Just to get an idea

Try to pick up some thin board from a D.I.Y shop or somewhere alike. Cut the board just slightly bigger than the measurements of the side and back walls of the tank. Fix it together and slide it around the tank.
Try repositioning the light and not having it on in a dark room.
Growing plants around the back and side walls of the tank can also restrict his view of himself.
Give him somewhere to hide and feel secure. Could be a rock cave (smooth rocks), driftwood or even what I've done and is half a hollow coconut with a hole in the front and sand the edges of the hole smooth.

What does the tank look like these days? Just to get an idea
This is current set up of his lil home :) :

A36EBC1C-2E32-4EC8-A332-6E0E1A895B5B.jpeg

I have put in the skull decor, he seems really happy about it. Just saw him coming out of the skull. It was so adorable :wub:

Algae will help actually, if you can bare looking at it, grow plants up the sides though
Do I need to grow the algea there forever? (What a stupid question)
I doubt that my anacharis would help. Java fern should do good, I've got moneywort and limnophila sessiliflora too.

Do I need to grow the algea there forever? (What a stupid question)
I doubt that my anacharis would help. Java fern should do good, I've got moneywort and limnophila sessiliflora too.
Anacharis wouldn't be too bad, cut it and replant it side by side by it's quite thick and break it up with java fern

If you have a thin layer of algae on the back and sides the fish won't be able to see its reflection there. You can try it for a month and then clean it off and see how the fish acts. If it flares up again then grow the algae back.

If you have a thin layer of algae on the back and sides the fish won't be able to see its reflection there. You can try it for a month and then clean it off and see how the fish acts. If it flares up again then grow the algae back.
Sure. Thank you @Colin_T and @EllRog . I will try with both methods :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back