How to get more oxygen in my tank? I have a bubble wall

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

HoneyFish

Reaction score
I have a bubble wall in my aquarium and I was wondering how to get MORE oxygen in my tank, other than live plants. Should I put in another bubbler, like an air-stone and have them run at the same time?
My little cories just don't seem to be getting enough oxygen. I also keep my filter running and it pours the water back into my tank, slightly agitating the surface of the water, but I just don't think it's enough because their gills move pretty fast, like they're not getting enough air. Help is appreciated!!

videos? (whole tank preferred :))
it could be another problem...
what are your parameters

*couldn't help but notice your username is very similar to @Honey Fish LOL!

You might have plenty of oxygen in the water but if there are chemicals, it can cause the fish to breath heavily.

Test the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. Post the results in numbers here.

If the fish are ever breathing heavily or don't look well, do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week or until the problem is identified. The big water change will dilute toxins in the water and help the fish recover, or at least buy them some time until you figure out what is wrong.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine ebfore it's added to the tank.

You might have plenty of oxygen in the water but if there are chemicals, it can cause the fish to breath heavily.

Test the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. Post the results in numbers here.

If the fish are ever breathing heavily or don't look well, do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week or until the problem is identified. The big water change will dilute toxins in the water and help the fish recover, or at least buy them some time until you figure out what is wrong.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine ebfore it's added to the tank.
The ammonia test is 0.
My other test is
GH: about 30
KH: about 40
PH: Between 6.5 and 7.0
Nitrite is 0 and Nitrate is 0

I do 30% water changes every week and only put spring water into the tank.
All the fish look wonderful and plump, no signs of other illness. They also eat very well.

videos? (whole tank preferred :))
it could be another problem...
what are your parameters

*couldn't help but notice your username is very similar to @Honey Fish LOL!
I replied to someone else on this thread with my paremeters if you want to check that out. 👍🏻 I also just took a video for you, but I can't figure out how to post it. It's only giving me the option to share a photo.

Videos have to uploaded to YouTube or similar site and the url posted here. If you don't want to do that, you can post still photos.

I always question 0 nitrate because that is the result you get when your test doesn't work correctly, though you could have zero nitrate if you do enough water changes and have a heavily planted tank. A bubble wall should provide more than enough oxygen unless you are severely overstocked or have a lot of rotting material in the tank, which the other water test numbers do not support. I agree with Colin that there is some other underlying issue if your corys are stressed.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back