How to delete your account?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Why do you wanna leave? Did someone being rude to you?

Back in the days when I was a mod, we didn't delete accounts, the reason being that it would make nonsense of threads you had contributed to.

However, that was in the days before GDPR, and you now have a right to have websites "forget" you.

I would suspect that moderators do not have the privileges to delete accounts, only administrators, so that would be @Chad or @dascrow

@Guyb93 please don't leave, this is a great place and we'll miss you a lot if you leave. Also, you literally just got the added bonus of FOTM. It would suck so much if you left.

What's the point of deleting an account, when you can just log out and never log back in again.
Under UK data protection legislation an individual is entitled to ask a company to 'forget' any personal information held on them, including companies based in other countries.

Under UK data protection legislation an individual is entitled to ask a company to 'forget' any personal information held on them, including companies based in other countries.
That's good to know, does that mean I can have the IRS delete my data and forget about me......lol... :big_boss:

Even with Flakebook?....lol

From what I have read, FB had ask its users to review their privacy settings because of this; what things users gave consent for advertisers to use to target them, for example.
Though a ruling in Vienna decided that Facebook could get round GDPR.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back