How To Create A River Setup?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LongS

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Asking about this becuase i have just got some hillstream loaches and they need pretty exact conditions to survive. The water has to flow like a river or fast flowing stream in order to have suffice oxygen content.

I have explored the internet and looked at ways to create this. Only way i can find is to have different filter outlets or powerheads at different heights in the tank all linked up. It seems like it could be done easier somehow.

Would using a spray bar vertically (and under the water) instead of horizontally and above water level have the same type of effect?

For anyone who keeps Hillstream or Butterfly loaches, i would be very interested to see how you accomodate these guys? and what other fish you keep with them?

like so..

you could probably increase the pipe size under the gravel and fill it with filter media for your bacterial filtration area. but IDK.

rivertank.jpg

Hmmm i might have to do this. But would this be too extreme for the likes of guppies and gouramies?

I know mountain minnows like strong current but not sure how well my other fish would do.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back