how to convince my parents to let me get another tank!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have the same tank as @Fishmanic, And let me tell you, for the price, it is a very good deal. The light is OK, and if you wanted to do sort of a Thailand rice field imitation, then this sort of dull light will work. The filter is adjustable, and is a very soft flow when turned all the way down. If you still have doubts, then just a small piece of panty hose over the intake. (Which is at the bottom. ;))

Yes I am trying to recreate the thailand rice field sort of dark black water, with leaves down on the bottom with some java moss slightly emerged, with pothos ect

I have that filter and have it on the highest setting. My betta did go under it once and didnt get sucked up in the intake so it is not strong enough to do that. Since then he never goes under there anymore.

It's really the perfect tank for a single Betta and the price is right! Just get a small heater for it.

You could do an experiment by first having very bright lights and clear water with no plants or tannins and maybe one large ornament or piece of wood he could hide behind. Note how he reacts over a week’s time. Then lower the light level , lower the water height, add tannins and dead leaves and lots of plants and driftwood and monitor his reaction and altered habits to this change. You might briefly add another fish to. see how he reacts to having a roommate— maybe just for one day. Then remove the roommate and continue monitoring from that point on.

Well, I feel that its better to observe, I am going to make the thailandish theme.

but you need to do a comparison if you're doing a science project

so did you get Parents' OK?

but you need to do a comparison if you're doing a science project

so did you get Parents' OK?

The project is for "natural sciences" there are several suggestions, but we can pick out own. Some suggestions are, bird watching and recording, observing hamsters, and an ant colony. Also I have a sort of kinda yes. So I am moving forward

My tanks don’t stink. Do you have a dirted tank, or maybe a tank with “wild” plants in them? That is weird that your tanks smell. :dunno:

All my tanks have nothing but live plants, driftwood and slate and a few resin "caves". Decaying food is a problem that I need to stay more on top of. Before my city started dumping ammonia in the tap water I was doing water changes weekly, even then there was a musty smell to the water. So I think most of it is just a normal musty smell of fish tanks (walk into a fish store and you'll smell the same thing and they are pretty religious about keeping their tanks clean to the point of not even having substrate. My substrate is not gravel but a clay product made by Seacheam meant to be less hard on bottom feeders. It's pricey but that doesn't mean it's good or that the clay isn't causing the smell.

Or you could do some fake sobbing ..... sobbing always helps gets some pity...
When I was a young teenager around 13, I had a chance to get a free cat. My dad said no. My mom suggested I get tearful and act sad and ask him again. It worked. He then allowed me to get the cat.

I think that’s a great science project.
Note: must not allow daughters in this forum

I just want to update everyone that I am progressing with my science project! I went with "Will an ill betta recover?" I bought a sick betta from the store and presented him with excellent care and large tank full of plants and am documenting his progress each day.
Now that sounds interesting, how large of a tank do you have?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back