Reaction score
Current water parameters

PH: 7.4-7.5
Size: 4ft
Plants: Quite planted

Fully cycled for 2 months without fish.
------------

Current Fish

-> 3 Female Guppies / 1 Male Guppy (2 Females are pregnant) [been at us for 3weeks]
-> 2 Corydoras [been at us for 3 weeks]
-> 2 Common Plecos [been at us for 1 week]
-> 3 Octocinclus [been at us for 1 week]

Planned Fish
-> 3 F / 1 M Guppies [in January]
-> 6 Neon Tetras [in January]
-> 2 F / 1 M Mollies [in January]

Wished Fish
-> Some bigger peaceful fish - nice one.

The wanted fish is the one which I do not know what to buy. It has to be quite attractive, something like an angelfish or dwarf gourami. Or maybe some siamese fighter. The three are not compatible but if you know some other which can co-exist that would be awesome!

Any tips please?

Thanks!

i saw some chocolate gouramis on here earlier, and despite the fact gouramis do nothing for me, they looked great. they werent very big though.

i saw some chocolate gouramis on here earlier, and despite the fact gouramis do nothing for me, they looked great. they werent very big though.
How have i not encountered these guys before?! They look great!

wait for atleast 6 months before you get choolate gouramis.
why only 6 neons? you need atleast 10 for them to feel secure.
the common plecs get up to 18" long so bear that in mind.
Add at least another 3 corydoras, they're a very sociable species

Ya, the first thing I would do, especially if you really want to keep plecs, is swap out your two commons for two of something smaller like Bristlenose or Clowns. The commons will get huge and make a big mess. I'd add some more Corys as they like to be in bigger groups.

Dwarf gourami,Pearl gourami,3 spot gourami,honey gourami

take a look at these

Yeah the plan is that when the plecs get bigger we swap them. Or maybe sell these and get smaller ones. The aquarium was getting full of algae and had to get it sorted. Will change with a bristilenose in due course

Yeah will get 10 tetras.

Hmm cories seem to be very affectionate together - but will have 3 more friends during the January buy then! ;)

Yeah the plan is that when the plecs get bigger we swap them. Or maybe sell these and get smaller ones. The aquarium was getting full of algae and had to get it sorted. Will change with a bristilenose in due course

Yeah will get 10 tetras.

Hmm cories seem to be very affectionate together - but will have 3 more friends during the January buy then! ;)
good to hear,get us some pics :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm... a bigger species. Rainbowfish do well in these water parameters. Melontaenia Praecox are a smaller species that would suit you well. But any others are really fine. You could go for a pair/group of cichlids e.g. Kribensis or some of the smaller species of Central American Cichlids like Cryptoheros Cutteri. From personal experience Cutteri are peaceful unless breeding. If you didn't have guppies and neons I'd say an Angelfish but obviously that's out. Rainbowfish or barbs such as Puntius Denisonii will be good choices for your tank. The barbs will add more movement than the rainbows though.

Good Luck,
AmazonFTW

take a look at these

I am seeing very mixed info about honey gourami. looks like they will adapt to my setup - concerned only about the PH. do you think 7.4 is good?

With regards to quanity - they seem to be community too - so 2 females 1 male?

http://www.##150###.com/##150###.php?AquTankName=Se42hw&AquListBoxTank=Choose&AquTankLength=48&AquTankDepth=12&AquTankHeight=16&FormSubmit=Update&AquListBoxFilter=Hagen+Fluval+U4+Internal&AquTextFilterRate=65+&AquListBoxFilter2=Choose&AquTextFilterRate2=N/A+&AquFilterString=pleco&AquListBoxChooser=Bronze+Cory+(Corydoras+aeneus)&AquTextBoxSize=&AquTextBoxQuantity=&AquTextBoxRemoveQuantity=&AlreadySelected=200909300093:4::,200909300034:5::,200909300153:3::,200909300098:3::,200909300144:10::,200909300131:4::,200909300049:1::&FilterMode=Display+all+species&AqTempUnit=C&AqVolUnit=gUS&AqLengthUnit=inch&AqSortType=cname&FilterQuantity=2&AqJuvMode=1&AqSpeciesWindowSize=short&AqSearchMode=simple

looks quite all right - a bit the filter is the problem but thats coz its basing on big plecos.

I will search your list AmazonFTW but looks like these honey gouramis are quite nice and good ;)

take a look at these

I am seeing very mixed info about honey gourami. looks like they will adapt to my setup - concerned only about the PH. do you think 7.4 is good?

With regards to quanity - they seem to be community too - so 2 females 1 male?

Most LFS keep their stock at tap water parameters anyway, which are rarely what the species should be at, and they're fine, think of the hundreds upon hundreds of keepers which don't even use test kits, and keep all their fish succesfully, i personally think PH is massivley over-complicated, most fish can and will adapt to most PH's aslong as there not just thrown in the tank, unless your thinking of keeping the more delicate species EG, Chocolate Gourami, Geophagus sp. etc... then i wouldn't bo overly worried about your PH

I would avoid the neons - they should only be added to a mature tank and certainly not one less than 6 months old or they dont fare well.

Also corys should be kept in groups of at least 6.

right, lets get this straight shall we;

Shoaling fish, tetras etc, recommended to keep a min of 6 and corys, recommended to keep a group of 4 as a min.

What gals/ltr is a 4ft tank? Need specifics tbh.

Sparkling gouramis are nice to have.

I would remove the common plecs, your tank isn't big enough for 1 adult, let alone 3. If you want a smaller species, you can have 2 bristlenose pleczs, they grow to 5".

You can get some dwarf cichlids in, I would avoid kribs (moody fish) and stay with a central america type. Could try apistogramma Borelli, cacatuoides or hongsloi.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back