How soon can I add corals?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aquarist2020

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I know most people say the later the better but I don't really have the patience. I'm at the nitrate no3 spike right now. After the spike is over how soon can I put corals? Btw I'm using Fritz turbo start 900. Thank you.

I don't really have the patience. I'm at the nitrate no3 spike right now. After the spike is over

Amazon sells patience in a bag for $1.99, might be a wise investment :rolleyes:

I would wait a few weeks and let the tank mature. Water changes is the only way to get rid of the nitrates which may quickly kill any coral you put in the tank.

I would wait a few weeks and let the tank mature. Water changes is the only way to get rid of the nitrates which may quickly kill any coral you put in the tank.
what is patience?
sorry, i dont know a thing about saltwater, just curious
generallly i would not add living things while cycling tho

Yep i just a water change. Also whats the amazon patience called?

I know most people say the later the better but I don't really have the patience. I'm at the nitrate no3 spike right now. After the spike is over how soon can I put corals? Btw I'm using Fritz turbo start 900. Thank you.
I agree with @Krib32. Monitor your levels for at least a week after everything is cycled. If all is stable over the week, then start to get some softies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back