How Old Is Too Old To Mate..?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

sunpirate2u

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Well I just got some more absolutely gorgeous guppies two days ago (2 males and 4 females :) )
Well one of my males looks to be pretty old...and heā€™s very large at least. The thing is, he doesn't seem all interested in my females at all. He just goes about the tank normally but isnā€™t really paying attention to any other fish, not as much as the other male. For he is all over the females :hey:

How can I tell if he's too old or not to mate :blink: ? He's really large and looks mature ect.

Thankies...:)

~AnDi

If you can get a clearish photo we may be able to guess at an age.
However not all males are persistent on harassing females. I have a group of male guppies that infact do not chase or bother the females at all, I know their breeding as I've had the same line running for 3-4 years now.

Even very large fish can be young still, their a freak that appears now and then called a "muel" and these get to females sizes with male colouring but their both male/famele.

Wow! That's pretty interesting..
Yeah i'll try to get a picture up! Right now I'm at my summer job :p , so ill get one up in two days!
Check when i do.. ^_^
Thanks Helter

~AnDi

Here is that picture! I'll try to get another one once my camera is charged. But i think he actually isn't too old..what do you think? He is really big, but you can't really tell

8541633495_w3Fx9.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back