How Old Are You, And How Long Have You Been Fish Keeping?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ummmm well, I'm 30 and I've been keeping fish for about 7 years
The more time goes by, the more into fishkeeping I get!

I'm 52

I've been keeping fish on and off for about 45 years

Started with coldwater, went onto tropical when I was 11

Got my first Marine tank when I was 18

Then back to tropical, then Marine, then tropical then marine and .................

Now have one Marine tank and one Tropical

im 19 and i have had fish all of my life.no matter where we moved, I always had at least 1 fish. :hyper: hahaha we were fish people, what can I say? :lol:

been kepping fish for a few years started with gold fish then moved to tropial

now have
approx 89L TROPICAL
approx 60L TROPICAL
approx 30L FRY REARING TANK
small floating rearing tank (with one baby platy i found in my tank)
approx 30L MEXICAN WALKING FISH

wanting to get another 3 tanks for guppies and breeding tanks

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

I'm 35. Shortly after we married, my wife and I decided upon a small tank for a gold fish. Within a day we had a four foot tank set up for tropical. Small tank justseemed to be too small.
That was twelve years ago.

4 months. I am 34 years old and had a tropical tank when i was about 4-5 years old that my parents kept. Didnt even think about getting a tank untill this year when i wanted another pet, orignally was going to have a rabbit or something but ended up falling in love with a tank at my LFS and now, 4 months later i have 3 tanks, a freshwater tropical community, a Mbuna tank and a small nursery tank! I want another one too! GRJ :hyper:

18. Been keeping fish for 10 years. =] started with tiger bars, and gold fish. ive gotten about 20 people intokeeping fish along the way.

13. I started at 3, with the goldfish-in-bowl setup. The doomed setup. I started for real August 2006.
36, brand new to fish keeping, F***** my 1st tank cos i knew nothing...2nd tank cycling SLOWLEY. :fun:
Please, no profanity.
I'm 14, got started when I was about 8 with a 45g tank full of livebearers. (AHH! ATTACK OF BABY FISH!) I didn't really care then. But I've had sunfish, turtles, eels, bass, minnows, shiners, goldfish, koi, frogs, tadpoles, neons, tiger barbs, and tons of other fish. I became obsessed on Labor Day, when I first set up the 30g in my siggy. I'm getting a 10g for Christmas, and I'm saving up for a 55g turtle and goldfish tank.
Wow. Now that's variety.

i was 7 when i had a frog die that lasted for 5 years! then i tried a lizard....died : ( . then thought hey why not try fish. i got a goldfish had it live then got a larger 20 gallon for free. i now at 15 years old upgraded the 20 to a 29 that is a tropical planted tank with angels and tetras and cories, and gouramis, 2 small 2.5 gallons for crowntail male and female betta. a 5.5 breeding tank with currently 28 babies (need another nursury) and a 55 gallon african cichlid tank set up since last christmas. love the hobby...but is very expensive when you're paying for it with your own money like me but christmas helps lol! so far 3 of my friends after seeing and hearing me talk about my fish are now inlove with them as well lol.

and my picture to the left is vey out of date, im getting a new camera soon and i will cahnge lol.

20 and only 9 months of fish keeping. My mother had fish when i was younger so learnt quite alot then but learnt SO much over the last 9 months is amazing!

What annoys me is people saying they have kept fish since they were 3. No you havnt, your parents had fish when you were 3 :rolleyes:

Im 14 and i have been keeping fish since i was 4( for you peple who hate easy math, that is 10yrs!). I have kept: Goldfish, Pleco's, mollies, swordtails, neons, corys, guppies, platys, pike livebearers, angels, skirted danio's, bull frogs, lepord frogs, zebra danio's, cockatoo cichlids, convicts, firemouths, kribensis( duh!), rosey barbs, congo tetra's, yellow labs, crayfish, feeder's, ummmm.... brine shrimp( havent we all!), betta's, gourami's, paradise fish, white cloud moutntain minnow's, fire bellied toad, fire bellied newt's, fiddler crab's, red eared painted turtles, i think that is it, but i will prob remeber more later.
Right now im keeping:
30g tank: 1 Dalmation veil tailed angel, 3 female guppies, 1 male guppie

20g flat hexagon: 1 6-8inch male convict, 1 1 and a hlaf to 2 inch female convict, around 250+ babies

10g tank: about 4 or 5 crayfish.

Theese are just the fish/amphibians i've kept!!!! Muhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im 17 now and iv had fish since i was about 10. i started with goldfish and iv had my wonderful gourami for over 2 years! he will last at least good 20 years with me.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back