How often do I feed my comunity fish brine shrimp?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Josh Q

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I picked up some more tropical flake food today and bought some frozen brine shrimp because I like to give them some variety. How often should I give the shrimp too them? Once a week? Twice a week? Mostly just platies and danios and various tetras in the tanks.
-Josh

As often as you like Josh, treat it as a meal and use it as a treat. ie going to a restaurant and having a meal as opposed to just having dinner at home.
Personally when I feed my hoard with any frozen food, it's a treat for them and they enjoy it more. I feed mine on frozen bloodworm, glassworm and black mosquito larvae. They love it. I too have a lot of small mouths to feed and the above suits all mouth sizes. I have tried brine shrimp, but they are not too keen,and also daphania. These tend to murk up the tank water for a little while as they are small, but hey each to their own.

Well I just tried it out for the first time and my danios and grown platies like it. But the Gold Gourami didn't and my endlers didn't really like it either. I've had a good experience with dried bloodworms before so I'll try frozen next.
-josh

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back