How Much To Feed?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mr.September15

Chuck Norris is the reason why waldo's hiding
Reaction score
I feed all of my fish frozen brine shrimp and was wondering if 1 cube is considered over feeding. My livestock include:

-2Clownfish
-2Bangaii Cardinals
-1 Firefish
-1 Cleaner Shrimp
-Various snails/hermits

The main feeders for the cube of brine shrimp would be the cardinals, clowns and firefish and from that list, it does seem like a bit much as my trigger, tang, clown, puffer and bicolour all eat a cube of brine too and even that seems to be pushing it (considering their small size). I suppose your fish could be very large though, I wouldn't know :D, but I find that you should simply feed as much as they can eat in a few minutes. All my fish end up with fat bellies by the end so I can tell when they've had enough. :good:

The main feeders for the cube of brine shrimp would be the cardinals, clowns and firefish and from that list, it does seem like a bit much as my trigger, tang, clown, puffer and bicolour all eat a cube of brine too and even that seems to be pushing it (considering their small size). I suppose your fish could be very large though, I wouldn't know :D , but I find that you should simply feed as much as they can eat in a few minutes. All my fish end up with fat bellies by the end so I can tell when they've had enough. :good:

LOL Thats what I was thinking...They eat it so fast that I don't know when to stop feeding. I wasn't too sure that the whole 5minute rule would work in a situation where they eat it so fast.My clowns arent that big, one of them are in my sig. There both the same size. The cardinals eat them by the chunk. The only time there active is when its feeding time :lol:

If they can make it dissappear in 3-5 minutes and you're not getting excess nitrates or nuisance algae, you're doin just fine. Remember, if it aint broke, dont fix it :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back