How much to feed bristlenose

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

oafish

Reaction score
Hi, about a month ago I picked up a super red bristlenose, although he's more orange to my eyes!

Here he is:
PXL_20220522_132850424.jpg

He seems in good shape, is very active, moving all over the drift wood and sometimes the glass. He picks up any flakes that the fish miss and I also put an algae wafer in for him every 2nd day before I go to bed, which is usually gone when I come down in the morning.

So my questions are fairly basic. Is that too much food, or too little, or should I be feeding other things and on what frequency etc?

Thanks!

Seems like not enough to me. They are herbivores so they need to eat a lot. I would put in a chunk of Zucchini and replace it every day or every other day. if it is gone overnight, put in a bigger chunk. after a while you will get an idea how much he will eat every day.

Seems like not enough to me. They are herbivores so they need to eat a lot. I would put in a chunk of Zucchini and replace it every day or every other day. if it is gone overnight, put in a bigger chunk. after a while you will get an idea how much he will eat every day.
yeah i second with the veggies
try boiled mushy broccoli my fish seem to love that

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back