How much medication should i use

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Fishface11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My tank is 70litre and Iā€™ve got some cloverleaf absolute +wormer and I canā€™t work these measurements out pls help
Here is the dosage on the bk Iā€™ve taken a pic to show u

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 38
u should delete ur other post, cuz the photo didtn work, and theres no need to repost
i think 0.15ml

How to calculate the amount to use:

1. 1 gram of medicine per 454 litres.
  2. Your tank is 70 litres, you want to maintain the same concentration of medicine
  3. 1/454 = x / 70
  4. 454 x = 70 X 1
  5. x = 70 / 454 (Gives the result, check that it makes sense, ie the value you come up with needs to be smaller than the amount for a 454 litre tank)
The amount to add is 0.154 grams, same as @Sgooosh mentioned. This medicine is pretty strong be cautious.

I have deleted the other thread.

The first thing to do is work out the actual volume of water. Measure the side to side and front to back in cm, then the depth from the top of the substrate to the water surface. Then multiply the three together and divide by 1000.
Manufacturers' volumes are for an empty tank and usually include the air gap over the water.

The calculation then is the tank volume divided by 454.

Is this a powder? It sounds very similar to Wormer Plus which is intended for very large discus tanks where it is much easier to dose accurately.
If you don't mind spending a bit more money, NT Labs Anti Fluke and Wormer, and Maidenhead Aquatics own brand AquaCare Anti Fluke and Wormer also contain flubendazole as a liquid intended for smaller tanks and the dosage is much easier to work out (1.4 ml per 70 litres which is easily measured with a 1 ml baby medicine dosing syringe)

The first thing to do is work out the actual volume of water. Measure the side to side and front to back in cm, then the depth from the top of the substrate to the water surface. Then multiply the three together and divide by 1000.
Manufacturers' volumes are for an empty tank and usually include the air gap over the water.

Is this a powder? It sounds very similar to Wormer Plus which is intended for very large discus tanks where it is much easier to dose accurately.
If you don't mind spending a bit more money, NT Labs Anti Fluke and Wormer, and Maidenhead Aquatics own brand AquaCare Anti Fluke and Wormer also contain flubendazole as a liquid intended for smaller tanks and the dosage is much easier to work out (1.4 ml per 70 litres which is easily measured with a 1 ml baby medicine dosing syringe)
Hi yeah Iā€™ve got that but it didnā€™t seem to work so I wanted to try something different thanks

How to calculate the amount to use:

1. 1 gram of medicine per 454 litres.
  2. Your tank is 70 litres, you want to maintain the same concentration of medicine
  3. 1/454 = x / 70
  4. 454 x = 70 X 1
  5. x = 70 / 454 (Gives the result, check that it makes sense, ie the value you come up with needs to be smaller than the amount for a 454 litre tank)
The amount to add is 0.154 grams, same as @Sgooosh mentioned. This medicine is pretty strong be cautious.
Thankyou

Thankyou

Thankyou

If you've already tried the NT Labs or AquaCare meds, they contain the same chemical as this one, flubendazole.
If flubendazole didn't work before you need a different chemical.

What are you treating for?

Other chemicals include:
Praziquantel for tapeworms, skin flukes and gill flukes. This is in eSHa gdex.
Levamilsole for round worms (eg camallanus). This is in eSHa ndx.

Most reactions

trending

Back