How much longer till my guppy gives birth?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tacocat

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi there! I have a pair of fancy guppies, and the female looks pregnant. Can someone tell me roughly how far in she is until she gives birth? Thanks!

The first photo is just now, the others are a few days old.

Attachments

• IMG-2597.JPG
    IMG-2597.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG-2584.JPG
    IMG-2584.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG-2585.jpg
    IMG-2585.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 84
How old is she? Or how long ago did you get her?

You can never tell for certain, but younger newer moms won't give birth to as many, but older ones can give birth to over a hundred at a time. If this is her 1st or 2nd time giving birth after you got her from the pet store, I would say in the next 2-3 days. @emeraldking thoughts?

How old is she? Or how long ago did you get her?

You can never tell for certain, but younger newer moms won't give birth to as many, but older ones can give birth to over a hundred at a time. If this is her 1st or 2nd time giving birth after you got her from the pet store, I would say in the next 2-3 days. @emeraldking thoughts?
I got her about 2-3 weeks ago, and she came with a male. I'm not sure how many times she's had babies, but she's pretty big.

Did you get her from a lfs or online. If lfs, she's probably pretty young and that is a pretty good size for a newly bought one from the fish store. But once they get older they'll get much bigger ime.

Did you get her from a lfs or online. If lfs, she's probably pretty young and that is a pretty good size for a newly bought one from the fish store. But once they get older they'll get much bigger ime.
I got her from an lfs

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back