How Much Have U Spent On This Hobby

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Well think about how much money you spent on crap you started and never finished? At least fish are relaxing and everyone loves looking at a tank.. It usually dosent
end up on your garage like most stuff does.. unless all your fish die or something... I get scared thinking about my tank busting open one day.. thats the only time when I think about how much I put into it.

By the way..About$1200.00

About $500, but only had my set up for just over a month.

This is why hubby doesnt want me to get another tank, he knows how much its all going to cost.

But its my hobby, and I love it, and I have finally found something I enjoy, so I will spend the money if I want to!

let's see... my 75gallon with stand, heater everything I needed, around $1000, my 55 gallon tank with heater and filter and gravel, $200, my 29gallon tank with heater, filter, stand, gravel, around $500... so around $1700 without fish... with fish around $2200-$2400... and more tanks on the way soon... a 110gallon and a 75 or 125 gallon saltwater tank...

You know, cost is one thing I try not to think about. Mind you, I don't drink, smoke or run a car, so I reckon I'm allowed some indulgences. Plus, watching my piscine chums is a damn sight more entertaining than whatever's on the goggle box most nights.

I would say $2000 over the course of 6- 8 months, 6 tanks numerous fish, filters, heaters & decor... And IM NOT EVEN MARINE....although tempting :\

Err... too much. Thankfully we got our 28gallon and stand for Xmas... so that was free, along with most of the rocks in it.
Other stuff though.. hmm..... yeah.. too much heh.
But I want.. no..NEED to spend more! I'm so not done yet! ^_^

hmmm lets see

first tank was a pressie from my dad, i bought fish though, probably £100. then i got my 4 footer, spent at least £400 on that, then changed it around at least 3 times so that's at least another £100 probably more. just ran those two tanks happily for about 3 years, leccy, maintenance, food, fish etc costs maybe £200. then Ian got his big tank that was £600, i know a further £400 at least has gone on equipment and substrate, plus decor, plants fish etc that's be another £200. Then we bought oscars big tank, that's another £400 inc equipment and decor. Then got another tank dirt cheap from a colleague that's £30.... but we spent another £50 on fish etc for it. Then we got the two little tanks that's another £200 or so.

so that's about 2k just on major expenses, not counting the running costs and bits and bobs over the last year

and then we got the marine tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back