How much $$$ for a Spiney pleco?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

redbelly

Reaction score
I am very intersted in getting a Spiney pleco (L160). Anyone here ever had one? What would be a fair price to pay for one of these guys?

I imagine it would depnd on the size!!!

I have never seen the L160 available so they may be somewhat rare which would add to the cost.

It really is hard to put a price on any of the rarer plecos.

CM

I had a Pseudacanthicus Leopardus for a short time. Pseudacanthicus sp. like meaty foods like chopped prawn and mussel and high protein catfish pellets. They are more aggressive than the average Loricariids and must be allowed plenty of territory if kept with other catfish because they can hold their own in a fight and more! Keep water tip top and externally filtered. Any uneaten food (prawns, mussel) must be removed within a few hours if not eaten. Use the pellets as a staple diet and feed the meaty foods 2-3 times a week. They are great fish to keep and are top of my list for one of the two big show tanks in my fishhouse when it is built! B)

My LFS has one for sale for like $50. It is about 8"-9". I am looking for smaller. Just wondering if this was an average price.

That would be about £30-35 over here. Sounds like a good price to me but as you say, 8-9" is large. That's full grown so far as I can tell.... :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back